031 - Siberian War of Independence - 4

After the breakdown of talks with Japan and the United States, the Red Army's structure changed from defeating counter-revolutionary Siberian separatists to defending the country against foreign enemies. It was reorganized into the Far Eastern Red Banner General Front, which controlled all the units deployed in Siberia. At this point, the total force consisted of four infantry divisions and one tank division, with a total of about 60.000 men. Stalin decided to send 10 divisions (6 infantry divisions and 4 tank divisions) as reinforcements. In addition, one volunteer tank brigade each from Germany and Italy was to be sent. In total, there were 15 divisions and 2 brigades with a total strength of more than 180.000 men. *1

The Soviet Red Army General Staff believed that with such a large force, the Red Army, which was familiar with the land of Siberia and had geographical advantages, would be able to repel foreign enemies. The troops to be sent as reinforcements were troops who had sworn fervent allegiance to Stalin through the purges, and there was no way that they would obey the Siberian independence faction.

What gave Stalin confidence was the existence of the 45-ton heavy tank KV-1, which he had developed to compete with the Type 31 tanks. At 45 tons, the KV-1 was as heavy as the Type 31 tank and was the result of the Soviet Union's long progress under the Five-Year Plan. The sloped heavy armor was strong enough to withstand all shells, and the main gun, a 48,4 caliber 76 mm cannon, was a long-barreled large caliber gun capable of destroying all existing tanks. Stalin had high hopes for the KV-1 tank and even ordered a large increase in production.

However, the Soviet Union's economy was too weak to produce the tank even though it had the development capability, so only 47 of the initial mass-production models were able to be sent to Siberia. The rest were mainly BT tanks, but Stalin was not worried. He knew that both Japan and the US had prepared forces of three divisions for Japan and two divisions for the US at the moment. The difference in strength between the two countries was about three times. Moreover, they were planning to mobilize another 10 divisions. He was convinced that if he had the geographical and numerical advantage, he would be able to avenge the Soviet-Japanese War and restore the honor of the Soviet Union.

. . .

Primorsky Krai, 1st Airborne Brigade (D-Day)

The Japanese decided to do everything in their power to support the facility of the American company that started it all. They sent in MV-22s escorted by F-3 fighters, and the 1st Airborne into the area. It was a declaration that they would take a firm stand against the greedy actions of the Soviet Union. It was also a publicity stunt to show that Japan was ready to shed blood for the sake of friendship and justice. For this reason, Japan allowed the media, which were accustomed to the battlefield, to accompany them as a special exception.

By being careful to collect, analyze, and disclose information, Japan had no intention of waging a war against the Soviet Union, nor a security war that would swallow up resources and human lives without end. The enemy is the Soviet Union, and the Russians are their friends, and this was the stance they would take in their propaganda activities.

. . .

Primorsky Krai, Japan/USA (D-Day ~7)

The first goal was to secure the safety of the Japanese and Americans. Therefore, the vanguard troops were armored vehicles and cars, and based on the information from reconnaissance satellites and long-range UAVs, they marched at once on a course that avoided meeting the Soviet troops as much as possible. The SDF dispatched intelligence officers to provide reconnaissance satellite and UAV information to the US forces as needed. In this kind of operation, problems such as supply lines would arise, but it was left to the second unit to secure the passage. Only time was of the essence, and the two armies rushed forward without even worrying about flanking.