033 - Siberian War of Independence - 6

Of the five divisions stationed in Siberia by the Soviet Union, two divisions (one infantry division and one tank division) were surrounded and detained, and one infantry division was placed under siege by the Japanese Federation Joint Forces, so the initiative in Siberia was tilted heavily in favor of Japan and the United States.

The Siberian rebels took advantage of this time to organize the Siberian Independence Army. Eight brigades were formed from the mishmash. However, each brigade was small, with only 1.000 to 2.000 men, and most of the equipment was provided by the US and was surplus from the World War, so it was impossible to fight the Soviet army head-on.

On the other hand, the vehicles were made in Japan and had extremely high mobility. *1 Therefore, once the 1st Division of the Siberian Independence Army was formed with three brigades, the remaining five brigades would be deployed to seize the sparsely populated areas in northern and eastern Siberia. There were also Soviet troops, but since these were in the form of two divisions dispersed over a wide area, it was difficult to counter the Siberian Independence Army with the full support of the JASDF.

. . .

Angara-Baikal Area, USA (D-Day+34)

The US 11th Division was continuing its westward advance toward Irkutsk. It was opposed by the 14 Division of the 1st Red Banner Front, which was still deployed over a wide area and was desperately resisting. Stalin's orders – to defend Siberia – were the cause of all this. The 14th Red Banner Infantry Division, which had been deployed over a wide area to suppress the Siberian independence faction, should have been able to rally and fight back, but in order to do so, it had to retreat to Irkutsk. However, Stalin's orders prevented them from doing so. The Soviet Union's 14th Red Banner Infantry Division continued to lose strength, not because of strategic or tactical requirements, but because of political orders.

At the same time, the continuous fighting, however small, was having the effect of slowing down the advance of the US 11th Division. This gave the Soviet 14th Red Flag Infantry Division in Irkutsk time to consolidate its defenses. The vanguard of the 2nd Red Banner Front was arriving with supplies and fuel, and they were succeeding in concentrating their air forces at nearby air bases, so there was widespread speculation in the Far East Red Banner Front that they would be able to stop the American advance westward at Irkutsk. As long as the enemy was only the US 11th Division, this prediction was not entirely wrong.

At this point, however, the United States ordered the Frontier Republic to dispatch an army, and the Frontier Republic accepted the offer of two of its five well-equipped divisions. At the same time, the Frontier Republic decided to mobilize three reserve divisions to deal with the Chinese Communist Party, which was conducting subversive activities within the Frontier Republic.

The two Frontier Republic divisions (3rd Infantry Division and 4th Infantry Division) came under the command of the US, and together with the US 11th Division, formed the 1st Far Eastern Corps, while the two divisions went straight west along the path paved by the US 11th Division. The three divisions would join forces at Ulan-Ude, west of Irkutsk. At the same time, they would establish an airfield, accumulate supplies, and prepare for the battle of Irkutsk.

. . .

China (D-Day+37)

In response to the Soviet Union's instructions, the US and its stooge, the Frontier Republic, were the first to be reached. They incited the Chinese people and inflamed their enmity. In the far eastern region of the Eurasian continent, the Frontier Republic was a state created by non-Chinese hands in the land of the Chinese, and at the same time, it was a successful state with the greatest wealth among the surrounding countries. The Chinese were jealous of the fact that it was calm and prosperous, despite the chaos and warfare that surrounded it.