072 - Japanese Federation - 3

The Japanese Federation has become a global entity not only in terms of economic and military power but also in terms of its territory. The Japanese government was therefore aware that due to this, it needed to be cautious in its actions. In doing so, they understood the necessity of exerting influence (initiative) on the world. This determination stemmed from the recognition that they must transition from being a struggling participant within the currents of the world to becoming a creator of those currents (a Great Game Player).

From a Japan that had been under the protection of the United States, it transformed into a Japan that shelters many countries and people. As the footsteps of war could be heard, the Japanese government redefined itself. Ultimately, this determination would be announced as a Prime Minister's statement, expressing the desire for the prosperity of the Japanese Federation.

. . .

National Strategy of the Japanese Federation

By 1940, the Japanese economy had already surpassed the recovery phase and gained vigorous momentum. The primary driver of this economy, the most significant one, was the development in Siberia. With abundant underground and forest resources, the infrastructure investments to obtain these resources corresponded to the robust production capacity of domestic Japanese companies. Furthermore, the development of other constituent states within the federation had a positive impact on territorial expansion and development. Yen loans and Official Development Assistance (ODA) had become a nurturing rain for all constituent states except the Republic of Guam, fostering their national development.

Simultaneously, secondary education was actively promoted, and Japanese elements of thought and morality were integrated into the educational tools and ethical aspects of education. This was calculated to instill respect for the Rising Sun flag and a sense of belonging to the Japanese Federation. Significant advice came from the Republic of Guam (USFJ), which focused on what was necessary to unite the immigrant groups under the concept of the United States of America. Fifty years later, the aim was for all the people of the Japanese Federation's constituent states to equally recognize themselves as "We are the people of Japan." *1

Japan understood the benefits of the vast yen-based economic sphere and had no intention of relinquishing it. Maintaining a stable coexistence and mutual prosperity zone was recognized as contributing to the nation's development and survival.

. . .

Relations with Surrounding Countries

Rejecting expansionism alongside ethnic self-determination, Japan pursued a responsive strategy based on non-interference (mutual non-interference) and the principle of tit for tat. The strength of economic relations with friendly nations (G4) such as Japan and other allied states within the Japanese Federation enabled the assertion of this approach. Hence, a stance of cautious engagement was taken towards the Soviet Union and China, both countries with active conflicting interests.

Regarding the Soviet Union, the military aspect was emphasized due to the adjacency of their shared borders. *2 With regard to China, a counter-espionage perspective was emphasized to prevent China from extending its infiltration efforts toward the United States. However, these actions were not based on the pacifism of a single nation but aimed at cooperative defense by multiple nations. The strategy involved isolating adversaries while continually expanding alliances.

In a sense, Japan had determined the Soviet Union and China as perpetual adversaries. Conversely, Japan established a policy of conducting good neighborly diplomacy towards the surrounding countries that were allies or potential allies.

. . .

Regarding Colonial Policies of Other Countries

In response to the European colonial issues in Asia and Africa, Japan declared its commitment to the principle of non-interference in domestic affairs. Simultaneously, Japan declared its intention to make proposals in cases where excessive violations of human rights were at stake. While endorsing the desirability of self-determination of peoples and the equal and respectful treatment of human rights between ruling nations and colonies, Japan's stance was to declare that armed independence movements could significantly jeopardize the peaceful lives and human rights of ordinary people, rendering them unfavorable.