three

"i fucking hate mondays," you groaned as you walked into the kitchen.

"who doesn't?" seokjin asked, catching you by surprise. "sorry, didn't mean to scare you," he chuckled.

"uh, good morning," you greeted, and he flashed you a smile.

"good morning," seokjin smiled. "did you sleep well? no trouble sleeping or anything like that? it's always a bit tricky falling asleep in an unfamiliar place."

"i slept well," you told him.

you lied.

you could barely sleep, and it wasn't because you were in an unfamiliar place. you've always had trouble falling asleep. it didn't matter where you were.

"what about you, seokjin?"

"i slept well," he smiled. "anyway, i'm made some oats (oatmeal). and it's a bit too much for me to eat alone. would you like some?"

"um, yes, please," you said, taking a seat on one of the barstools.

"good morning!" namjoon said. "and i see you're awake too, y/n."

"morning," you said. "and yeah, i have an early class today."

"i've just put some oats for y/n. would you like some too?" seokjin asked namjoon, pushing a bowl of oats towards you. "eat up," he smiled.

"yes, please," he said, answering jin before turning to face you again. "anyway, y/n. i also have an early lecture. how about we leave together?"

your eyes widened.

"you can decline if it makes you uncomfortable or anything like that. i just thought i'd offer since we're going to the same place."

"oh yeah! i forgot you're both at yonsei." seokjin said, pushing a bowl of oats to namjoon.

you gently bit your spoon in thought.

going to school with namjoon would be a bit weird, and it could raise some eyebrows. he is a lecturer, and you're a student, after all.

but going with him would be way better than going by bus.

you didn't have to pay the bus fee. and you wouldn't be in a small space filled with strangers. you hated taking the bus on mondays because the bus you take is always full.

"i don't mind going with you..." you muttered before stuffing a spoonful of oats into your mouth.

even though namjoon is a lecturer, you're not one of his students. so you figured it wouldn't be that weird.

"okay," he smiled. "let's eat so we can go."

.

"can you drop me off here..." you asked, fiddling with your fingers.

the whole drive with namjoon was relatively silent, and the only sounds in the car came from the radio.

and after thinking about it, you decided even though you didn't have any classes with him, pulling up to school in namjoon's car would raise eyebrows.

so it would be best for him to drop you off about five minutes away from campus.

"why? we're almost there," namjoon asked, stopping at the red light.

"it's just... you're a lecturer, and i'm a student. even though i'm not your student, this dynamic is definitely going to raise a couple of eyebrows," you told him. "and i don't want that."

you lived a pretty quiet life during your time on campus. you didn't involve yourself in unnecessary drama and usually stuck to yourself. if you were seen getting out of a lecturer's car would... that would change.