twenty four

"and just like that, it's monday again," you sighed, walking into the kitchen. "thankfully, i don't have any classes that make me want to kill myself to attend today."

it was half past nine in the morning.

"good morning, y/n," namjoon greeted, sipping his coffee. "what time is your first class?"

"eleven," you told him, opening the fridge and taking out some water. "what time is your first lecture?"

"ten thirty," he said, looking up from his phone to see you drinking some water. "do you like pumpkin?"

you slightly tilted your head in confusion. "i don't know," you shrugged. "i mean, i don't dislike it. why?"

"jin made pumpkin soup in the morning before he left and left some for you," namjoom explained. "it's in the light purple tupperware in the fridge."

"oh," you said, immediately opening the fridge and taking out the soup. "that's nice of seokjin."

"just put it in a bowl and pop it in the microwave for five minutes," namjoon told you. "that should do."

"thank you," you said before taking out a bowl and pouring the pumpkin soup into it.

as you put the soup for yourself, jungkook and yoongi walked in.

"good morning, y/n," jungkook greeted before going to namjoon and pecking his cheek. "morning, hyung."

you were used to seeing your housemates be affectionate with each other. at first, seeing them share a kiss surprised you, and you'd turn in the other direction, but now it didn't faze you.

the guys were always careful around you, though. they would never have a full-blown make-out session outside their rooms if they knew you were in the house. in front of you, they only peck each other's lips or cheeks or hug and cuddle.

"good morning, y/n," yoongi greeted, standing next to you and resting his arm on your shoulder. "what're you making?"

your relationship with yoongi hasn't changed much. other than the times he's been there for you during your panic attacks, the two of you don't really talk. well, you do, but the conversations don't really last long. you just found it difficult to hold a conversation with yoongi. things weren't awkward between you. and that's all that really mattered.

"i'm heating up some soup seokjin left for me," you told him, eyes moving to the microwave, microwaving your pumpkin soup.

"jin left some soup for you?" yoongi asked. "what about the rest of us?"

"he said he was only leaving some for y/n because she deserved it," namjoon chuckled. "enjoy it, y/n. jin makes a pretty good breakfast pumpkin soup."

"damn, right, he does," jungkook sighed, hearing the microwave beep. "and it smells so good."

"do you guys want some?" you asked, taking the soup out of the microwave. "you guys seem to love it, and i don't think i'll be okay eating it with you watching."

"really, it's okay," yoongi chuckled. "it's been a while since we've had his pumpkin soup. enjoy it, y/n."

"uh, i don't mind having-"

"jungkook," both men said, cutting their boyfriend off. you laughed at the look on his face.

"it's fine," you giggled, taking out two spoons. "come over here, and let's eat."

jungkook immediately left namjoon's side and happily walked to you. "thank you, y/n," he smiled before taking the spoon from you. "you have a taste first."