Chapter 7-Redemption

______________________________
"You're broken down and tired,"
"Of living life on the merry-go-round,"
"And you can't find the fighter,"
"But I see it in you, so we gonna walk it out..."
______________________________

Julie's POV

"Julie Julie Julie!"

She was still seated at the piano when Flynn scrambled into the sunlit studio, her feet catching on her pale violet dress, causing her to trip.

"What, Flynn, what?" A bemused grin crossed her face.

"Hold on," she wheezed, holding up a finger while leaning against the piano, "I ran the whole way here."

Dear lord.

Once she'd regained her composure Flynn exclaimed, "why didn't you tell me you're getting a chance to play again? I had to hear it from Thomas, who heard it from Jacob, who heard it from Millie, who overheard your conversation with your dad last night!"

The speed of which gossip spread in the castle never ceased to amaze Julie. But even if things were going well she had been trying to forget that certain discussion. It hurt too much.

"Okay, calm down seven sodas, damn," she used Flynn's 'hyper mode' nickname, "I'm not exactly getting another chance, there's just gonna be a class performance tomorrow, and I was going to tell you but I got a little preoccupied this morning..."

She gestured to the piano, the open keys and sheet music, "I sang again."

Flynn's jaw dropped, "SERIOUSLY?"

"Yes, seriously!" She laughed.

"Oh my god! That's why you look alive again!" She smiled when Julie smacked her. "What made you play?"

Julie considered Wake Up before handing it to her, "I found this song my mom wrote me."

Flynn scanned the lyrics, her face turning solemn. "Whoa."

"I know." Julie took the song back, smiling at the verses. "I was so afraid to play it. Anything involving music reminds me of her. And then I woke up this morning...realizing that's why I should play it. To keep her memory alive."

"Aw, come here." The other girl wrapped her in a hug. One that she needed more than she'd thought.

Flynn pulled back abruptly. "Wait! So this means you can play now! We have to go tell Mrs. Harrison so you guys can rehearse!"

"Woah, wait!" Julie struggled against her grip on her arm. "I just now played. And what I haven't told you is that I already talked to her last night after my dad broke the news. She said I can't audition again until next semester. My spot's already full because I gave up my last chance when I was chasing the guys."

Flynn's face dropped, "that's so unfair! You're way too talented not to be given every chance you can get!"

"I know, it sucks, but even if she was sorry Mrs. Harrison was very clear about the rules." Julie paused "What happened to your whole 'screw the program' mentality anyways?"

"Ha, that was called being supportive. Now you've played again so I can be supportive by pushing you towards the RMP. And if you really want to get in I won't hesitate to drop some bodies to open your spot back up." She cracked her knuckles.

Julie rolled her eyes, but she couldn't help but smile. If Flynn was anything she was crazy, but also a great friend.

"Either way you need to get a move on it. Your etiquette class starts in like, fifteen minutes. And honey your hair looks a mess." Flynn pointed out while Julie began to panic.