Chapter 27-Merry Christmas?

_____________________________
"And it's over, over, over 'cause of you,"
"And it's over, over, over, I love you..."
_____________________________

Luke's POV

Everything hurt. That's what Luke noticed before he even opened his eyes. Maybe if he just didn't he'd fall back asleep and slip into a coma.

He laid there. Waited. Yeah, sleep wasn't happening.

(Song-Sad Beautiful Tragic by Taylor Swift-Beginning~1:40)

Slowly, he blinked against the ambient light flooding through a window. His window, he realized with a jolt. He was back in his old bedroom.

God, nothing had changed. Everything from the walls to the curtains to the comforter remained the same color. There were his old posters plastered all over the walls, the knick knacks he'd collected throughout his childhood decorating shelves and dressers. Even the guitar pick collection on the nightstand was intact.

If he was more awake and sentient he probably could've cried. They hadn't altered a thing.

His parents. They were here somewhere. His heartbeat thumped as he struggled to sit, which also hurt like a bitch.

"Hey, hey hold on." Julie was suddenly there, all bedraggled, forcing him back down. He hadn't noticed her near him, but upon the sight of the disarranged couch to his left he imagined she'd likely been sleeping.

The room was vacant otherwise. But she was there. She hadn't left him.

"Jules," still trying to process everything, he drank her in, unable to fully comprehend that she was standing there.

(1:10)

Emotion welled in those pretty eyes. Without warning she threw herself at him, wrapping her arms around his neck.

A shaky exhale escaped Luke when he crushed her to his chest, clutching handfuls of unbearably soft curls. His throat closed up as he breathed in a scent that wasn't quite hers. Fuck, she was getting to him.

"I..." he choked back the burning, "I almost didn't think I'd get to see you again."

"Don't say that. Ever." Julie buried her face in the crook of his neck. Her hand brushed through his hair, giving him chills. "Nothing could keep me away from you."

His heart absolutely stuttered. Thank god she was hugging him so she couldn't see the way he blushed like a little girl.

They stayed like that for a while, breath slowing and syncing. He tried to ignore the way she was laid over him, or how she fit perfectly in his arms.

Eventually it reached the point where Luke wasn't quite sure what was going on. "You okay?"

"I'm going to need a lot of hugs." She whispered. He chuckled, pressing a half kiss to her temple.

"Works for me."

Julie helped him sit up once they reluctantly ended the moment. Luke threw his legs over the edge of the bed, waiting for his vertigo to end while he took in the bandages wrapping his torso and knee. He hoped Flynn had some pain meds in that bag because the after effects of the steroid plus the copious bruises and cuts was excruciating.

"How long have I been out?" He asked, grimacing and slinging an arm around Julie.

They limped forward. "Since yesterday. It's probably close to three or four now, I fell asleep a couple hours ago."

That's right, he must've passed out after Flynn finished fixing him up. Damn, twenty four hours? Honestly, it still wasn't long enough.

Luke released Julie and gripped the bathroom sink, taking a moment to steady his spinning head. He avoided looking in the mirror because that appearance was rough, instead flipping the faucet on and splashing himself with freezing water.