Chapter 16-Pissy Princess

_________________________________
"And now it's clear to me,"
"That everything you see,"
"Ain't always what it seems (I'm wide awake)..."
_________________________________

Julie's POV

She was on her way to the music studio the next morning, hoping to find some peace, so when she found Reggie, Alex, and Luke standing outside the doors she nearly went back to her room.

Caleb had even found her the night before and asked her if the guys had reconsidered his offer. So now she knew for a fact that they'd not only been losing track of time in his club, they'd been trying to strike up a business deal. Then, they'd proceeded to lie about it.

They, who were now standing in a line with Luke in the front, holding a sheet of paper.

"We're sorry!" Reggie popped out, singing.

"So sorry!" Then Alex.

Luke dropped to a knee with a hopeful look, holding his arms out. "We're super-duper, crazy, stupid—"

"Sorryyyy!"

"In case you missed it, we're really sorry." Reggie said breathlessly, dropping his hands.

"Yeah. I got that part." Julie monotoned.

"We've been here for, like, three hours." Alex smiled, high-fiving Reggie. Apparently that was an accomplishment.

"We almost sang to like five people." Luke stood up. "But, Julie, it wasn't at all okay that we flaked on the dance last night. We know we really let you down."

"Yeah, and none of us wanted to disappoint you. You're the best thing that's happened to us since we've even known each other." Alex said sincerely, and the other two nodded.

Luke took a sweeping step towards her. "So, in hopes that you'll rejoin the band, we booked a new gig."

"A mega important, life-changing gig." Reggie added.

"Check it out." Luke drew her eyes to the information on the bottom of the paper he handed her. "Tons of managers and RMP members go here to listen to new bands. All we gotta' do is blow them all away, and we're living the dream."

She looked up at him. At the beginnings of his hopeful smile.

"So this means a lot to you, huh? Kind of how playing in front of my program meant a lot to me."

"Sounds like sarcasm." Reggie gasped, turning to Alex. "I'm starting to think our plan isn't working."

Alex ignored him. "Look, we know we messed up."

"But we need you in the band." Luke murmured, looking at her through his eyelashes. Hah, not this time.

"Of course you do, because without me, no one's going to let you play." She could've smiled. "You know, I thought that the music that we were writing was special, but you're too obsessed with how your past was to even care."

"I do care!" Luke snapped. "Our band has a real chance at greatness. I'm not gonna' let that get away from us again."

"Uh-huh. Right. So then why did you bail on me to get with another musician and go off on your own? I'll tell you why." Julie put everything she had into her glare. "'Cause there's only one thing that you care about, and that's yourself."