Chapter 20-Flowers

_________________________________
"Born in a time of love,"
"Facing the winds of pain,"
"Storm's brewing up above,"
"I was breaking,"
"I was breaking..."
_________________________________

Luke's POV

"Why are you walking like that?" Reggie asked as Luke limped into their room.

"Julie."

"WHAT?" The boy's eyebrows hit his hairline.

"Oh we were sparring, Reggie!" Luke exclaimed, shaking his head in exasperation as he opened their closet. He ripped off his shirt and grabbed a clean one from the shelf. Alex slipped into the room and when Luke glanced at him he immediately noticed how anxious he was. "Hey, you good Alex?"

He shook his head, breaking out of thought. "What? Oh, yeah, um...I, Willie, asked me on a date. Tonight."

Luke and Reggie's jaws dropped as Alex gave them a hesitant smile.

"DUDE! That's fucking awesome!"

"Yeah I knew he was gonna say something soon," Reggie smirked confidently, "I could sense it."

"Yeah I'm just freaking out a little bit," Alex said in his freaking-out voice, waving his hands, "I mean I've never been on a date before. What do I say? What do I do, with, my body—guys help. Actually do I want to take advice from you?"

Reggie straightened. "Uh for your information, every girl I've asked out has given me a five star rating."

"So not you." He ignored Reggie. "Luke? Please don't be hopeless."

"Just be yourself man."

Alex groaned. "I may hate that even more!"

"I'm right though."

"Well it may be easy for you and your passionate rocker persona but I'm not good at small talk—"

"Alex!" Luke grabbed his shoulders, trying to shake some excitement into him. "I promise, Willie hangs out with you and he asked you out because he likes you for you. Not someone you think you need to try to be on this date. So go take a shower, fix your hair, put on a casual to nice outfit, and be the great guy that we all know you are."

Alex blinked. "Thanks man that was really sweet, but the date isn't until tonight."

"Oh, no still go get ready. We're asking Julie and Flynn for advice because that's all I got."

——————————

The girls were absolutely ecstatic when they told them the news in Julie's room, and they forced Alex to take part in a jumping group hug.

They gave him advice, along with some weirdly specific tips about Willie. Julie even gave Alex some perfume to apply, informing him that their friend absolutely loved the scent. Luke caught a whiff in the process and recognized it as one of the ridiculously good-smelling choices she always wore. He honestly could've bathed in the stuff, it was so nice. Luke really hoped he wouldn't smell Alex later and be reminded of her.

Before they all left he glanced at the princess. Oh, to be able to go on a date...

——————————
Alex's POV

Alex tried to stop his hands from shaking as Willie led him over to one of their favorite spots, sitting down on the ledge overlooking the beach. There were lit candles flickering on each side of them, rose petals scattered on the floor. If Alex had known that Willie was going to fucking serenade him he would've worn something a little nicer.