Change Isn't Good Pt.2

This is the second part to Change Isn't Good. Enjoy!

Tw: Sensory overload

-

It was the day of the flight. Sam was already up, understandably. He was excited, but also a little nervous.

  "Ponkieeee," Sam whined, shaking the man in question. Ponk groaned and slowly opened his eyes.

  "What is it?" Ponk asked. And then he remembered what was happening today. "Crap, we have to go!" He sprung out of bed and into the shared bathroom, leaving Sam on his own. Sam went over to the dresser and picked a simple but comfortable outfit. His outfit was just a grey pair of sweatpants and a green hoodie.

He made sure to grab all of the stuff he would need, like his stuffie, headphones, and fidgets. By the time he was done this, Ponk was out of the shower and dressed. He was wearing a black hoodie and a pair of jeans. Sam never understood how people could wear jeans. They were so itchy!

  "Do you have everything you need?" Ponk asked, running a hand through his white hair. Sam nodded, and with that they got ready to leave. Ponk loaded the car, while Sam sat in the passenger seat with his carry-on. Ponk eventually closed the trunk, and got in. He started the car, and they were off.

  Luckily, the airport was only about 30 minutes away. Ponk parked, and the boys got their things out of the car. The entered the airport, and it was bustling with activity. Sam retrieved his headphones and slipped them on, knowing it would be much too loud for his neurodivergent brain. They went over to their gate, and waited, since their flight was due to start loading until 10 AM, and it was only 9:32.

  "Will plane 404 please begin boarding?" The intercom said. A mob of people came over. Ponk got Sam up, and made sure to hold his hand for comfort. Sam smiled at Ponk, and they boarded the plane and went to their seats. After a little while, the plane took off. Sam had started to nervously stim, which was understandable, because it was the first time he'd ever been on a plane. 

  10 hours later, they finally landed in the UK. Everyone got up to get their things from the overhead compartments. Sam started to look around frantically. Everything was too loud, too bright. It was too much for his brain. Ponk noticed this.

  "Hey! Hey, Sammy. Is it okay to touch you?" He asked. He knew that Sam was starting to have an sensory overload. Sam nodded a little, and Ponk touched his arm.

  "Hey, let's get off the plane, yeah? And then we can go to the rental and work through it together. Does that sound good to you?" Sam nodded again, and Ponk grabbed the bags from the overhead compartment and left with Sam, who had his hands over his ears, despite having his headphones on. 

  They made it to the car, and as soon as the car was unlocked, Sam opened a door and collapsed inside, sobbing. It was all too much!

  "Hey, buddy. I'm here, it isn't loud anymore," Ponk said quietly. Sam slowly looked up and took his hands off his ears.

  "S'all good?" Sam asked, to which Ponk nodded. Sam smiled and sat up. He put his seatbelt on, and grabbed his creeper plush from the bag. Ponk went over to his side and got in. He started the car, and they went off to Ponk's parents' house.

-

I'm sorry if this doesn't properly depict autism, I tried my best. This is my first neurodivergent oneshot. I'll see you guys next week! :I