A Birthday Special Pt.2

Tw: Lime, alcohol consumption

-

Ponk's POV

This went downhill, way too fast. I walk over to my mom.

"So, uh, are you guys staying? Not like I don't want you here, just asking," I say, scratching the back of my neck.

" Oh, no! We were just stopping by. We have a hotel room, " She replies. I smile awkwardly. "Now! I want to meet my future son in-law!" She squeals, walking over to Sammy with open arms. Sam laughs and wraps mom up in a hug. My dad say himself on the couch and turned the football game on. Should have known he'd do that.

See, my dad isn't much of a talker, especially near Sam. (Callahan? That you? 👀) I walk over to him, and sit beside him.

"How are you?" That was useless. He looks over and smiles.

" I'm alright. How about you? " Wow. That's the most I've ever heard him say when he's over here.

"I'm alright as well. Well, I'm going to leave you to your football game now, is that alright?" I ask. He nods, and I get up and leave. I feel useless right now. My dad is watching t.v., and mom's talking to Sam. Ugh. I walk to the kitchen. There's a small platter of pizza bites (idk) on the counter. I leave it there, and decide to check the playlist. There's all the songs I requested. Good. I guess I'm nervous. This is the first big party I've thrown since Covid.

  Sam walks up and hugs me from behind, resting his head on my shoulder.

  "Your mom is exhausting." I laugh. That, she is. I should know, I lived with her until I was 18 and moved in with Sam.

-

Guys. I have huge news. The biggest ranking on this book is #2 in m×m. This is insane, I love all of you so, so much. I'm terribly sorry I took so long to update, kinda dealing with not having motivation (again). I'll get part 3 out as soon as I can! See you then :D