Chapter 4

Kubra and Zara were getting ready in Kubra's room when Rafey knocked on the door.

"Kubra!"

"Ajao, Rafey." Kubra was applying eyeliner on Zara.

(Come in, Rafey.)

Getting in, he looked at both Kubra and Zara and commented. "Achhi lag rahi ho dono."

(You both look beautiful.)

Kubra was wearing mustard color plain anarkali with heavy sequins dupatta of same color, which she pair with chandelier earrings and heels, with make up she was subtle. While Zara was wearing chikankari embroidered kurta palazzo with fluid chiffon dupatta. She was wearing heavy jhumka and khussas. Both were indeed looking beautiful.

Kubra passed him a shy smile on his compliment, but Zara was more interested in the gajra in his hands.

"Yeh gajre kiske liye hain? Tum pehenne wale ho?" She jokenly asked.

(What's this bracelets are for? Are you gonna wear them?)

Kubra also looked at sunflower garland bracelet in his hand but later scoffed at Zara for her poor attempt of joke.

"Nahi woh yeh Kubra..."

(No, I wanted to ask Kubra if...)

"Kubra ke liye hai?" Before Rafey could complete his sentence, Zara asked, shockingly. This startled Kubra as she looked at Rafey for answer.

(These are for Kubra?)

"Nahi. yeh Uswa ke liye hai. Sunflowers Uswa ke favourite hain, uske insta pe dekha tha maine." With a shy smile, Rafey answered her.

(No, these are for Uswa. Sunflowers are her favourite, I saw it on her instagram.)

Rafey was answering to Zara, with glowing eyes and Kubra's heart sank, for a moment, she believed Zara and thought he bought gajra for her. Why would he even buy gajre for me? She scolded herself.

"Toh fir yaha kya kar rahe ho? Best wishes lene aye ho? All the best." Zara wished him with a sweet smile which didn't match with her eyes.

(Then why are you here? For best wishes? All the best.)

"Nahi main soch raha tha agar Kubra yeh Uswa ko de de meri taraf se..."

(No, I wanted to ask Kubra if she can give it to Uswa from me...)

This caught Kubra by surprise, as she looked at Rafey with expanded eyes.

"Aur Kubra bhala aisa kyu karegi?"

(And why would Kubra do that?)

"Rafey, tum khud kyu nahi de dete Uswa ko gajre? I am sure she will love it." Rafey and Zara seems to argue on something which Kubra didn't hear, she decided to interrupt them.

(Rafey, why don't you give it to her?)

"De deta agar woh mujhse itna bhagti na. Main niche kadam nahi rakhta ki woh apne kamre mein chup jati hai." Huffing, Rafey complained to her.

(I would have but she always run away from me.)

"Ignore hona sucks." Zara mumbles, sarcastically.

(Being ignored sucks.)

"Huh?" Rafey didn't catch what she said and asked.

Kubra shook her head. "Dekho uska sharmana wajib hai koi bhi ladki sharmayegi. Lekin iska yeh matlab nahi tum ussey baat karne ki koshish hi na karo. Try befriend her first and make her comfortable with your presence. Puri zindagi thori bhagegi woh tumse. Bas ghabrati hai. Tum koshish karo ussey khud baat karne ki, aur yeh gajre bhi khud de do." She advised.