Chapter 20

A huge thank you to ayrasukhera for being the best buddy❤️

•••

"Hyra kaha hai?"

(Where's Hyra?)

Hanif Mirza, Kubra, and Hayder's moving hands stopped, as they looked at Shahzaib on his question.

"Kya hua?" Shahzaib felt conscious under their hard gaze and sat back.

(What happened?)

"Usne dinner kar liya?" Hesitantly, he asked.

(Did she eat dinner already?)

"Hyra yaha nahi hai." Kubra answered him, as she turned to her dinner.

(Hyra is not here.)

"Iss waqt kaha chali gayi?" Surprised, Shahzaib looked at Kubra, then turned to Hayder.

(Where did she go at this time?)

"Apne mayeke gayi hai." Hanif Mirza informed him.

(She has gone to her parents'.)

"Oh, sahi! Toh, Hayder bhai, aap kyu itna ghumsum hain, niche hi gayi hai ajayegi, aap toh khaye." Mischievously, Shahzaib asked to Hayder, while pointing at his plate, Hayder hadn't touched anything from it yet. He was just moving the fork in plate, playing with rice.

(Oh, okay. So, Haydar Bhai, why are you so upset, She's just downstairs. You eat.)

Giving Shahzaib a pointed look, Hayder pushed his plate away and left.

"Kya hua?" Confusingly, Shahzaib looked at Kubra.

(What happened?)

"Tum kya ghar mein sirf khane aur sone atey ho? Tumhe kuch khabar hai ghar mein kya ho raha hai?" Hanif Mirza scolded him, which startled Shahzaib. Then, Hanif Mirza also pushed his plate away and left.

(Do you have any idea what's happening at home? Or you only come to eat and sleep here.)

"Sab mujhe aise kyu ghoor rahe hain jaise maine apni nahi pados ki bhabhi ka haal puch liya." He asked.

(Why is everyone staring at me like I have asked about the neighbour's sister-in-law?)

"Kuch nahi, tum khana khao." Kubra shook her head. Getting up, she picked Hanif Mirza's plate to take his food to his room.

(Nothing, you eat.)

This didn't satisfy Shahzaib, he felt something was wrong. But the biryani in his plate tempted him, he thought of eating it first, then he will ask Kubra what happened.

•••

Taking off his wristwatch, Hayder placed it on side table when saw a pair of specs there. He picked it up and realised Hyra must have forgotten her specs here. He again placed it back and lay down on the bed. Hiding his eyes behind his arm.

He didn't mind her going with Dawar, but if he had told her to stay, she should have stayed back. Her disobedience didn't sit well with him.
The sound of doorbell startled him, as he quickly left his room to see who had come at this time.

Hayder hadn't reached living room yet heard noises.

"Arey waha network nahi tha toh main call nahi kar paya, fir bus mein so gaya fir bhool gaya..." It was Rafey's voice. He had returned from his uncle's place.

(I couldn't call because there was no network, then I slept and forgot.)

Hayder didn't go to living room to meet Rafey and returned to his room.