Chapter 10

Main apne dil ki baat ussey karu bhi toh kyu
Usne meri baat ko mehez baat hi toh samjha hai...

•••

"Mere liye coffee bana do." Standing on the doorway of the kitchen, Rafey demanded.

(Make coffee for me.)

Uswa, who was about to pour tea for herself, got startled with his voice, making tea spill on her hand.

"Ouch!" The hot tea burned her hand brining tears in her eyes instantly.

"Arey! Kya karti ho tum..." Quickly going to her, Rafey held her hand and took her to sink.

(What you did...)

"Dhyan se kaam kiya karo." Turning on the fucet, he put her hand under water and scolded her.

(Work carefully.)

Uswa was on the edge of crying because of pain. "Apki wajah se hua yeh..." She said in a small voice.

(This happened only because of you...)

"Meri? Tum..." Rafey wanted to argue with her, but her tears stopped him.

(Me? You...)

Sighing, he made her sit on the chair, and went to search for first aid kit.

"First aid uppar wale cabinet mein hai." He was looking down, when Uswa informed him while blowing on her burn.

(First aid box is up there.)

He quickly opened the door of the upper cabinet, and took the aid box out. Going to her, he applied the ointment.

"Uss din seerhi se girne wali thi, aaj jala liya khudko, fir kehti ho dhyan-less nahi ho." Rafey muttered.

(You were about to fell from stairs that day, and now you burned yourself. And then you say you are not careless.)

"Dekhein, aap toh mujhe bilkul na date. Dono baar apki galti thi."

(Look, you don't say anything to me. Both time it was your fault.)

"Meri galti?"

(My fault?)

"Haan toh! Aise achanak se samne ajayenge toh main darungi nahi." He was done applying ointment on her hand, taking it off from his hand, she checked it, while blaming him for her injury.

(Yes so! If you will come so sudden in front me, I will get scared.)

"Darr?" Rafey got startled by her accusation. "Kya main itna scary lagta hoon?"

(Scared?)
(Do I look scary?)

"Haan?" Confusingly, Uswa looked at him. She was busy staring at her hand, she didn't hear him properly.

(Yes?)

He didn't understand her confusion and thought she is agreeing. "Haan?" Shockingly, he asked.

(Yes?)

"Kya haan haan kar rahe hain? Hatiye, mujhe yeh bhi saaf karna hai." Pushing him, she stood up to go to clean the countertop and floor.

(What are you doing? Leave, I have to clean this.)

"Jal gayi ho. Tum hato kuch na karo. Koi aur kar dega." Going after her, he said.

(Someone else will clean this. You've got burned.)

"Kar hi na de koi aur saaf." Mumbling sourfully, Uswa picked a cloth to clean the countertop. "Issey aise chorha toh mummy..." Saying this, she turned to go to sink, but almost bumped into Rafey.