Chapter 13

Hyra slept with Kubra last night because Kubra was very sick. Hyra thought that she was sleeping with Kubra, She will sleep early. But she was wrong, all night she keep thinking about Hayder and his rude behaviour. She slept late, and woke up with severe headache. Then she had to make breakfast for everyone because Kubra was sick. She couldn't prepare grand breakfast like Kubra do, but she made eatable breakfast. Shahzaib and Hanif Mirza praises the omelette she made, making her smile.

"Baba, main ja rahi, Allah Hafiz." When she was cleaning the table, she saw the time on wall clock and realises Uswa and Dawar must be waiting for her.

(Baba, I am going.)

"Allah Hafiz."

"All the best." Shahzaib shouted from behind.

•••

"Yay! Finally humara paper khatam hua." Entering the house, Uswa cheered loudly. Behind her, Dawar and Hyra entered.

(Yay! Finally our exams are over.)

"Ab aram se neend puri karungi main." Hyra added with a smile. She who couldn't sleep a blink, and now her head was spinning. Only she knows how she wrote her in her exam. Dawar looked at his sisters with loving gaze.

(I will sleep now.)

"Neend? Main toh series dekhungi, itni sari watch later mein..." Before Uswa could complete her sentence, Rabia came there.

(Sleep? I will binge watch series...)

"Atey hi ghar utha leti ho dono. Dekh toh liya karo aas paas ka mohol." Rabia scolded them in hushed voice.

(You both make too much noise. At least see how's the environment around you.)

"Kya hua, mummy?" Uswa asked in a whisper.

(What happened, mummy?)

"Tum bachho ke janne wale cheez nahi. Jao apne apne kamre mein. Dawar, mere sath chalo." After scolding Uswa, Rabia looked at her son with sharp eyes and said. Dawar instantly catches the sensitivity of the situation and went to living room.

(It is not important for you kids to know. Go to your room. Dawar, come with me.)

Both Uswa and Hyra started going to Uswa's room when Rabia stopped Hyra.

"Hyra, apne ghar jao beta."

(Hyra, go to your room.)

"Mummy, Hyra aur mera plan hai ki..." Uswa started saying.

(Mummy, Hyra and I have plans...)

"Jo bhi plan hai kal kar lena. Jao, Hyra." Rabia's voice was stern when she was talking to Uswa, but when she addresses Hyra, she lovingly said.

(Whatever plans you have, you can do it later. Hyra, go.)

Nodding her head, she went upstairs. Before going, she caught the glimpse of Laraib's parents in the living room.

•••

She didn't meet anyone upstairs either, Kubra must be resting in her room, Hanif Mirza would have gone out for evening prayer and Shahzaib must be still in office. Hyra directly went to her room. The room was dark, and she didn't turn on the lights. Throwing her bag and dupatta away in the darkness, she went to lay on the bed, putting her specs on side table.

When she laid down, a weird sensation surrendered her. Her breath become heavy, as she feels a sense of unease. She can't quite put her finger on it, but something feels different. She switches on the light, but the room is still dark and quiet. She turned to her back and saw Hayder laying on the bed.