Chapter 12

They went to Hayder's study room. Putting his laptop on the table, Shahzaib went to turn on the printer.

"Apne laptop se kar de raha hoon. Isko on karne mein time lagega." He told her while plugging the wire.

(I will connect this with my laptop.)

His laptop was already on, and Zara's picture flashed on the screen. It made Shahzaib's eyes wide as he quickly closed the image. But Hyra has already seen it.

"Woh... main shadi ki pictures dekh raha tha."

(I... was looking at wedding pictures.)

"Shahzaib bhai, mujhe apke aur Zara api ke barey mein maloom hai." Hyra looked at him weirdly and said.

(Shahzaib bhai, I know about you and Zara.)

"Tumhe kisne bataya?"

(Who told you?)

"Uswa ne."

(Uswa told me.)

"Usko kaise pata?"

(How does she knows?)

Hyra shrugged her shoulder, Uswa told her the reason, which Hyra doesn't remember. It was long ago when Uswa told her this. Maybe when they all went to farm house years ago.

It isn't Hyra's fault that she forgot this information Uswa gave her because one particular memory of it engraved in her mind made her forget everything that happened in the farmhouse.

Sami, Hyra, Uswa, Kubra, and Zara were playing cricket, with Shahzain as their umpire. Hyra was batting, and she hit the ball so hard it crashed with Hayder, who was sitting in Gazebo with Dawar, while talking on his phone. The ball hit him so hard that it made him drop his phone, while redness appeared on his forehead where the ball hit.

Hayder scolded all of them a lot, even when Dawar tried to calm him by saying they shouldn't have been here if the kids were playing, but Hayder heard none of it. He even broke the bat that Hyra was holding. Hyra cried a lot that day and fell sick by the time night arrived.

Hyra's heart sank down on that memory.

"Hyra?" Shahzaib snapped his finger in front of her face to break her trance.

"Huh?" It made Hyra startled.

"Tum kisi ko bataogi toh nahi na?" He asked her.

(You won't tell anyone about it right?)

"Ab tak nahi bataya, ab kisko bataungi?" Hyra huffed her mouth and asked.

(I didn't tell anyone yet, whom would I tell now?)

"Apne shohar ko? Hayder bhai ko nahi bataogi na?" This made Hyra more upset.

(Your husband. Promise you won't tell Hayder bhai.)

"Unko kyu bataungi." Then she realised her tone was not appropriate, she cannot let Shahzaib know the truth of their marriage.

(Why would I tell him?)

"Mera matlab yeh toh apka secret haina." She then added. This made Shahzaib relax.

(I mean that's your secret.)

"Shahzain bhai, print out nikal dein please, Dawar bhai wait kar rahe honge." Shahzain quickly did what she said.

(Shahzaib bhai, can you please take the print out? Dawar bhai must be waiting for me.)

•••

It was already more than a week since Hayder left, but there was no news of him coming back soon. He was stuck with some work there. And this made Hanif Mirza angry.