Chapter 16

"Itna achha larka hai, Asim bhi bata raha tha Randhawas kafi shareef log hain." Hayder didn't tell anyone why he refused for the proposal, and Hanif Mirza was in foul mood since Hayder left.

(Sarim is a nice guy, even Asim was telling me about Randhawas, they are decent people.)

"Sarim mera bhi achha dost hai, mujhe toh woh achha laga." Shahzaib was also not in good mood.

(Sarim has become my good friend, I liked him for Kubra.)

"Ek toh iss larke ka gussa bhi toh nahi samajh ata, bewajah gussa karta hai."

(I can not understand Hayder's anger, be gets angry without a reason.)

"Humne toh jo plan socha tha woh bhi theek se execute nahi kar paye." Shahzaib added.

(We couldn't even execute our plan properly.)

"Dimagh kharab jo kar deta hai yeh." Hanif Mirza grunts. They could never talk like this in front of Hayder, and that's why they were discussing it now.

(Because he spoils our mood.)

Hyra came there with tea, and placed it on the table.

"Hyra bachhe, tumse kuch kaha Hayder ne kyu mana kar raha hai?" Hanif Mirza asked to her.

(Hyra dear, did Hayder tell you why he is rejecting Sarim?)

His question embarrassed Hyra. How she is supposed to tell him Hayder doesn't even share how was his day, why would he share this with her.

"Nahi, baba." Honestly, she told him.

(No, baba.)

"Dekho, kisi ko toh kuch batana zaroori hi nahi samajhta yeh." Hanif Mirza turned to Shahzaib and said. Shahzain also shook his head and disapproval manner. His elder brother truly disappointed him.

(See, he doesn't tell anyone anything.)

Hyra awkwardly stood there, wondering if she did something wrong.

"Jao, beta, tum jao." Lovingly, Hanif Mirza dismisses her.

(Go, dear,)

Hyra nods her head and left. Kubra was in the kitchen, washing the dishes.

"Kya hua?" Kubra saw her standing there gloomily, and asked.

(What happened?)

"Baba bohot gussa hain Hayder pe." Hyra told her.

(Baba is angry at Hayder.)

"Kyu?"

(Why?)

"Woh jo rishta aya tha na apka... Sameer Randhawa?" Hyra guessed the name.

(The proposal for you... Sameer Randhawa?)

"Sarim Randhawa!" Kubra corrected her.

"Haan wahi, Sarim Randhawa ka rishta jo unhone reject kar diya. Isliye Baba gussa hain."

(Yes him, because Hayder rejected Sarim Randhawa.)

Putting the washed cups away, Kubra told her. "Kuch sochke hi mana kiya hoga."

(He must have a reason.)

Hyra shrugged her shoulder, how would she know what were Hayder's thoughts before rejecting Sarim Randhawa.

Kubra's phone started ringing, turning off the faucet, she dries her hands and went to attend the call.

"Hello?" It was an unknown number.