Chapter 29

Abhi utha hoon neend se, tumhara khwab dekhke
Abhi tum ek khwab ho, abhi base hijab ho
Main chuke tumko dekh loon, ke sach mein mere paas ho, mujhe thi jiski justaju wahi meri talash ho.

When I was writing the first scene, this song came in my mind, so I'm putting it here 🫰🏻

•••

The soft morning light streamed through the curtains, casting a warm and gentle glow over the room. Hyra stirred, her eyes slowly fluttering open. For a moment, she lay there, her senses gradually awakening.

As she shifted, she became acutely aware of Hayder's presence beside her. His arm was wrapped protectively around her waist, and their bodies were pressed close together. A blush tinged her cheeks as the memory of last night flashes in her mind.

Meekly, Hyra turned to face him, her gaze drawn to his face. In slumber, Hayder's features appeared softer, more peaceful than the stern and hard countenance he often wore when awake. She had rarely looked at him properly before, always hesitant to meet his gaze, but now, seeing him so close and vulnerable, her heart leaped in her chest. She notices a mole below his eyes.

With a tender and cautious touch, Hyra extended her hand, her fingers trembling as they brushed lightly over his features. She traced the lines of his cheek, marveling at the smoothness of his skin, the gentleness hidden beneath his usual facade.

A shy smile tugged at her lips, and she continued to explore his face with her fingertips, still fearful of waking him. But as the intimacy of the moment overwhelmed her, she slowly withdrew her hand, her cheeks flushed with both embarrassment and a newfound sense of closeness.

Carefully, she eased herself out of his embrace and slid out of bed, taking a moment to watch him peacefully slumbering. The morning light illuminated his face, and for the first time, she realized the handsomeness that resided there, hidden beneath his stern exterior.

•••

As Hayder woke up to an empty bed, his first instinct was to search for Hyra beside him. His eyes roamed the room, but it quickly dawned on him that she must have left earlier. A soft smile graced his face, an unusual yet welcome feeling.

He settled back into the bed, reflecting on how different this morning felt compared to any other in his life. Never before had he slept so lightly, so peacefully, and with a heart that felt unexpectedly lighter. It was as if a newfound sense of contentment had washed over him, a feeling he couldn't quite explain but cherished nonetheless.

Hayder closed his eyes once more, he knew that this morning marked the beginning of new start.

•••

Running his fingers through his wet hair, Hayder emerged from the bathroom. Hyra, with anger-filled eyes, removed the bangles from her wrists, tossing them onto the dresser in frustration. The bangles clashed, echoing the tales of last night's events. This brought a subtle smile to Hayder's face.

His black eyes assessed Hyra, absorbed in her oblivious work with wet hair strewn across her chest and back, some water dripping onto the floor. The wetness had soaked her back, sticking her kurti to her waist. The worry lines on her forehead added to her velvety beauty.

With rose-like lips pressed by her teeth, she seemed to be unleashing wrath today. Her beauty seemed to captivate Hayder. This rage of hers was a different kind of apocalypse.

Without making a sound, Hayder went behind her. In the mirror, he saw her beautiful reflection, even more enchanting than usual. Unaware of his presence, Hyra remained engrossed in her work. Hayder, slowly sliding his arm around her waist, drew her closer.