Chapter 19

Hyra woke up fresh and well rested this time, now her head was not at all paining. She slowly sat up and looked around the room, Hayder wasn't there. Before she could think more of it, the door of the room was opened, and here comes Hayder. Seeing him, she bowed her head down.

"Ab kaisa lag raha hai?" Getting in, he sat on the chair and asked.

(How are you feeling now?)

Hyra nods her head.

"Yeh drip ho jaye toh discharge kar denge." He points at the drip. She again nods her head.

(They will discharge you once the drip is completed.)

"Tumhe kuch kehna hai?" Hayder leaned his back on the chair, stretching his leg out, he crosses his arms over his chest and asked.

(You want to say something?)

Hyra got startled by his question. Meekly, she looked at him, but again bowed her eyes because of his sharp dark eyes.

"Woh... Kubra api..."

"Kubra ki baat nahi kar raha main," Hayder interrupted her before she could explain why she lied to Hanif Mirza.

(I am not talking about Kubra.)

"Kis cheez se darr laga tumhe?"

(What are you scared of?)

Hyra again looked at him, being confused by his question.

"Mujhse darr lagta hai?" Seeing her blank expression, he made his question more simple.

(Are you scared of me?)

Hyra didn't say anything, she caresses the sheet over her legs with trembling hand. Her other hand was attached to drip.

"Mujhse kyu darrti ho? Main kha toh nahi jaunga." Confusingly, Hayder asked. This shocked Hyra.

(Why are you scared of me? I won't eat you.)

With disbelief eyes, she looked up at him. She could not believe he was being serious right now, but when she saw his blank expression, she realises he is serious.

"Aap..." She tried to speak, but her throat went dry and she started coughing. Cupping her hand in front of her mouth, she tried to control her cough.

(You...)

Hayder quickly picked glass of water from table and passed her. Sitting beside her, he rubbed her back.

"Apne kaha tha mujhse baat ki toh zuban kaat dunga." After drinking water, she said what she wanted to say earlier. Then she was about to drink the remain water left in glass, but Hayder's words made her freeze.

(You said never talk in front of me otherwise I will cut your tongue.)

"Maine aisa kab kaha?"

(When did I say this?)

She looked up at him with are you serious? Look.

She didn't need to ask that, because Hayder understood it.

"Hyra, maine yeh nahi kaha tha, maine kaha tha ki...." Hayder was explaining her, but when saw her face becoming more and more rigid, he stopped. "Main gusse mein tha, uss din bhi tumhe yahi samjha raha tha tum sunti nahi ho."

(Hyra, I didn't say this, I said...)
(I was angry, that's what I was explaining you that day, but you never listen.)

"Aap gusse mein kuch bhi nahi keh sakte." She removed her eyes off from him and bowed her head. Hayder's hand was still on her back, which he slowly wrapped it around her.