Deadlock "A step up"

Deadlock followed ace to the top of the mountain, it was quite flat and was quite big.

Deadlock stared at his new upgrades, it didn't change his appearance, but man he felt stronger.

Ace fidgeted with her blaster while walking toward the open space.

"So, why are we here? " deadlock asked quite excited.

"Testing out your upgrades. " she said not moving her eyes from her blaster.

"And how are we going to do that? " he asked.

Without any warning Ace turned around and shot her blaster at deadlock, he flinched as he covered his head with his arms.

He fell back to the ground in shock.

"WHAT WAS THAT?" He yelled in shock at what Ace did.

"Oh, relax, it's on a lower setting." She assured him.

"IT DOESN'T CHANGE THE FACT THAT YOU JUST SHOT ME! " he continued yelling as Ace kept a straight face.

"Your alive, arent you?" She said.

"yeah but it still hurts!" He yelled as he struggling to get back up.

"Get used to it, I did. " she said as she continued fidgeting with her blaster.  "But, now we at least know the armour works."

"That was your way of testing the armour?" He asked walking back towards Ace.

"Hm" she tilted her head, providing deadlocks answer.

Deadlock stared quite annoyed as ace turned back towards him, at least with her blaster not transformed.

"How does the upgrades work? " she asked tapping her claw on his arm.

"Quite strong. " he admitted. "Passes the blast test. "

"Now we're moving on to the blade test. " she said sarcastically.

"What? " he said as his arms dropped along with his hope.

"The next test is training, testing your upgrades in battle" she explained.

"Does it involve you shooting me? " he asked in sarcasm.

Ace was about to speak but stopped to think. Her hesitation made Deadlock take a deep breath in fear as he followed behind her.

Ace turned to deadlock and handed him one of her duelling blades.

"You can use this for now" she said to him. "Though if you break it, I will  rip your spark out. " she stepped closer to deadlock with a serious face.

Deadlock let out a nervous laugh and walked to the other side of the small Plato of the mountain.

"So now what?" He asked holding the sword in one hand.

"Now you fight me. " she said as she lifted her sword.

"Wait! what?! " he studdered.

"Dont worry. I'll go easy on you. " she said.

He was hesitant though he had to do this. Deadlock took a deep breath and closed his eyes as he lifted the sword.
Today is the day. He thought. Today I will prove myself. I'll prove to everyone that I am not a simple drone. I am more than that. I can do this. I will show everyone how strong I really-

"Your stance is of. " she said interrupting deadlock's thoughts. "You look like your fearing for your life. "

"What? " he said confused "how should I stand? "

"With more confidence" she said walking towards him and correcting his stance. "Arms up. Legs wide. Chin up. Back straight."

Deadlock tried to follow her instructions and change his stance.

"Ok," she sighed. "Now you look too confident. You don't want that unless your Overlord. "

"So more like this?" He asked changing his stance once again.

"Eh... " she squinted her eye and shook her head. "...no"

"Then what? " deadlock said as he dropped the stance with no hope.

Ace recognized deadlocks irritation, as he seemed angry and sad as he sat on the edge of the mountain hiding his face in his elbow balanced on his knee.

She sighed. "It takes time." She said as she sat down next to him.

"I had to teach myself. " she said. "And that took millions of years, even now I'm learning new things and making countless mistakes. "

"Really? " he asked in disbelief as he turned his head to face ace.

"Yep." She admitted. "You'll get stronger over time. And I'll help you achieve that. "

Deadlock thought as a thin smile formed.

"But I need to know you're willing to do the same. " she said. "I need you to promise me you'll keep trying. "

Deadlock thought deeply if he really was willing to give it all he had.

"And I promise I'll help you." Ace said comforting him with her wing. "What do you say? "

Deadlock smiled as his confidence rose. "I'm ready."

Bonus, cuz yes:✨
Deadlock walked back to his side of the open space and Ace stood on her side both holding their swords ready.

"Wait." Deadlock dropped his stance. "Your not going to shoot me again, are you?"

Ace laughed.  "No promises~ :D"

Yeah, kinda added a bit of humor into this part to brighten things up, and I was feeling a bit sad (better now <3). And Ace shooting Deadlock without warning did the job perfectly.