Deadlock "something much needed"

Ace and deadlock where training, deadlock dodged some of her hits though failed to notice her claw as it hit him in his side.

He fell backwards and ace walked over holding out her hand lifting him back on his feet.

"I didn't hit you too hard, did I? " she asked concerned.

"No" he said examining his side.

"The  pros of having another set of hands... or claws" she joked. "Nobody expects them"

Deadlock chuckled giving back ace her sword.

He couldnt wait till he could get his own weapon. Ace said shes watching his moves and thinking of a weapon that would work best for him.

What will it be? He thought. Projectile? defensive? Or something else?

A while later ace flew of scouting again, while deadlock stayed behind.

She might as well be bumblebee, the amount she is searching.

Though this time she went in another direction, to the see side, she might be gone for a day or so.

Deadlock sighed in boredom I  the empty cave not knowing what to do.

He walked over to a shelf holding random things like data pads, guns, etc, most broken or damaged.

Maybe ace was planning to fix them or use their parts for something.

He stood up from a crouch, he walked around and found something lying near Ace's birth.

He walked over seeing it was some sort of old datapad.

Deadlock knew he shouldn't be so nosey but he couldn't resist.

He picked it up and figured out how to use it.

He clicked something and the thick glass connected to the piece of metal lit up into a... Picture?

3 bots, one a deep blue ish purple, with a visor covering his face standing behind a red and purple bot with a tail? The third bot was smaller shaped similar to the purple and red one, though coloured grey and had green optics and lights.

At that moment Deadlock Realized who they were, Ace's family.

The one at the back being Nova. The gray one is steel jaw, and the red and purple one must be...

She looked so different, mainly physically but something was off

The way she smiled in the photo was worry free, genuine joy.

Her eyes were shining and seemed filled with excitement. Ace's eyes has changed after that, changed to a cold gaze filled with hatred and sadness.

Ace in the picture had a wide smile that matched her eyes, though it seemed familiar.

Her grin. He realized. Ace often to grin to scare people, mainly her opponents, though the grin was a replacement, a foul replacement for something that should have been.

She seemed so happy in the picture, so full of life.

Deadlock smiled as he found it quite lovely.

Steel jaw seemed so happy too, though shy, with Ace's hand placed on his shoulder to comfort him.

Protect him.

In this one photo he could see the love Ace had towards her brother, Nova on the other hand seemed withdrawn, no physical contact and bearly looking their way.

He realized she scratched the glass over Nova's face forming a crack in the first layer of glass.

After a while of looking  at the photo he sighed and switched it of, putting it back where he found it.

After a day Ace returned, she landed on the cave entrance, where deadlock went to greet her.

"Whatcha find? " he asked

"I went over the see for a bit, so a lot of water" she said quite sarcastically.  "Though I did find 2 islands, I landed on one, completely overgrown. Though the other was farther away, much larger and seemed populated, I'll investigate it another time." (Hehehe watch out Griffin rock, ace is comin)

"Cool" he said.

Deadlock realized she was holding something, something red like.

"Anything happened while I was away? " she asked walking with deadlock.

"Nothing much" he said not telling her about the photo.

Ace smiled and walked away to the deeper part of the cave. For some reason Deadlock wasn't allowed there for a few weeks, he didn't know why.

Ace was there for a while as deadlock layed down not thinking of much.

"Hey deadlock? " ace called.

"Yeah? " he called back.

"I got something for you" she said walking closer to the exit not yet reaching deadlock's view.

He got up waiting for ace as she walked out holding... a battle axe.

"Is this..? " he studdered thinking it might be his weapon as he investigated it.

"Yes" she confirmed heading it to him.

The axe had the same colors as him, dark blue and purple, the size was about a 2 thirds of him and it had red lights and what seemed like a red crystal held in the middle.

That's what she was holding, the crystal.

"Turns out earth has a lot of crystal like stones here. " she said realizing he saw the crystal.

He stared at it for a long time as he felt it's grip and details.

Ace smiled as she realized he loved it.

"Ace, I don't know what to say... " he said in disbelief. "Thank you so much"

"It's about time you got your own weapon" she said.

Deadlock put the axe on his back at an angle so it could be comfortably carried.

How can I thank her? He wondered.

(Ace pov)

Without warning ace felt pressure on her sides as she looked down  to see the vehicon...hugging her?

She was about to push him away in confusion and not being used to it, though it felt odd.

Her memories came back to her as she remembered the only person who gave her huggs of genuine care was her brother and close friends.

All dead. She hadn't had any affection shown to her since the night of her brothers death.

Anyone who she came across where terrified of her or didn't care enough for her.

She always had to act emotionless to seem stronger, and hopefully get rid of the feeling of sadness.

Ace was incredible lonely.

Her eyes wanted to tear up as she felt the tight hug of Deadlock.

She instead took both her set of arms and returned the hug.

For a second she felt peace, all the fear and sadness melted away, for just a second she forgot about her past.

And for a moment the voices in her head went completely silent for the first time, leaving the room in a less . . . agonizing silence.

Awwww, Deadlock knew what he was doing. Poor Ace really needed a lil hug. And yay Deadlock got his weapon :D