ace "someone new"

A day has passed since ace and deadlock arrived back at their mountain cave they formed into a home.

Ace sat working on a broken piece of Cybertronian technology, fiddling with the controls hoping that the screen would turn on.

"Whats that?" Deadlock asked sitting down next to her.

"A detector. " she replied. "It picks up energon, life signals, Cybertronian tech, like ships and stasis pods."

"- if I can get it to work! " she got angry nearly throwing it againts the wall.

"Can I try? " deadlock asked.

Ace sighed and handed it over along with a small needle like tool.

He looked at it closely and after a moment he turned the tool around to the dull side and fixed something within the tech.

"There." He smiled as the screen finally switched on.

"How did you-" she looked confussed at the vehicon.

"Wire got stuck. " he explained handing the scanner back at ace. "Stopped energon from flowing. "

"Oh. That explains it. " she said looking at the screen.

"So... -anything? " he asked curiously.

"Not, yet. " She scanned the area.

Deadlock frowned disappointed.

"This is a close range scanner, it can't scan a large area. " she explained. "We'd have better luck flying and scanning for anything. "

Deadlocks face seemed more excited as he stood up clearly wanting to do so now.

Ace smiled, "it's better than training," she said. "Well set aside training until you're fully recovered."

"WOO! " he called out happily jumping out of the cave entrance into the late afternoon sky, transforming and following ace.

Deadlock was in his jet mode while ace flew beside him in her not transformed looking at the scanner.

"So far, a few small energon patches" she said.

"Too small to power an entire team, so it will be easier for us, as the bots and cons go after larger patches. "

"Cool. Anything else? "

"No, nothing else yet. "

The cycle continued, deadlock desperately wanting some action and ace looking down constantly at the nearly empty scanner.

"You sure it's working right? " he asked.

Ace realized his impatience. "Deadlock, earth is smaller than Cybertron though it's still huge compared to us, and its only partially littered with cybertronian ships and energon. Compared to other planets. It might be days even weeks before we get a chance at finding something like a ship or a artifact, or -.... "

The tech suddenly started to beep rapidly as ace looked confussed at it.

"What's that? " deadlock asked.

"-That is the sound of me being wrong. " she said changing her aim and diving to the side.

"What?" He was still confussed.

"A stasis pod. " she said landed near a rock Hill in between trees in an odd thin Forrest.

Deadlock landed beside ace inspecting the rock Hill.

"You sure? " he said only seeing rocks.

"The tech can't say what type, size, alive, dead, or if it is even occupied, so no, no I'm not sure. " Ace transformed her blaster and started to chip away rocks.