CHAPTER 23

Aron's POV

Some life stories can be devastating, they can cut you deep and you might end up being scared for life.

Well that's the case for Adam Montenegro, funny thing is I also meet Adam in Italy but not in the same way I met Liam. When I met Adam he was the most coldest man I've ever come across.

I know too many people I'm know as being cold hearted, but when I met Adam I think I finally understood what being cold hearted finally meant I remember the first day I saw him it was in Italy in one of the hotels I owned he was  the head of security I was so intrigued by the way he talked and did things he was more of a robot then human and that's when I decided to hire him to work for me personally and he gladly accepted the job.

When Adam was young he was so good in everything he his IQ was on another level no wonder he worked as a special agent for the FBI. He was so good to a point that every politician and high profile person wanted to work with him, he had an amazing mother and a beautiful wife, but it all came crashing down in a blink of an eye.

One of the biggest drug cartels in Mexico wanted Adam, well the boss wanted Adam to be his snitch, unfortunately Adam declined the took an oath and he lived by the book followed the law till he lost everything.

Declining one of the most dangerous man in the cartel world didn't go unnoticed. No one ever says no to him and when Adam did it sure did hit a nerve, he was bound to make him pay.

One day Adam returned home to a tragedy, his wife and mother beaten and raped to death by four gang members that were sent by that piece of trash Diego Castillo it didn't only end there he sent Adam a video of the whole thing recorded, you could hear their voices shouting and yelling for help, they begged for them to stop but they didn't until his mother couldn't take it anymore and died of a heart attack at the time his wife was pregnant neither she or Adam knew it was revealed by the doctor after the autopsy she was two weeks pregnant.

From that day onwards life was never the same for Adam he was as cold and hard as a rock it's been ten 14 years but it still feels like yesterday. On their death anniversary he spends the whole day at the graveyard near their tombstones. Only Liam, Ivan, Aidan and I know about his past.

Adam being Adam was hell bent on getting his revenge and I'm sure as hell I would have done the same thing he studied the cartel both in and out it took him one year to fully plan his revenge right after the incident.

All the four gang members that brutally murdered his wife and mother he killed in cold blood, but it wasn't easy death he made sure they suffered till their very last breath and saved the best for last Diego Castillo.

We help him cover it all up and we would do it all over again not even the universe can trace it back to us,we grabbed the bull by the horn and took the law into our very own hands. And just like Adam when it comes to my family I'd be willing to kill and I won't even regret it.

Ever since then Adam has never been with any other woman his either sexually or romantically his wife was his last and I honestly doubt any other woman would be able to change him the man is literally stone cold.

Not many might know this since he lives a very low profile life, but Adam owns one of the biggest security companies in the country his company is in contract with Mondragon Inc I found out two years later after I hired him I was so shocked but at the same time proud.

His past is what drove him to start this company and it has been ranked number one worldwide under the security and protection services. The guy knows how to do his job.

"Sir we about to land" my pilot said

"We landed and from there Adam and I took got in the car that was already waiting for us which was driven by one of Adam's most trustworthy men.

We drove home in silence, reached the building and I made my way to my floor and Adam went to help Liam out they were practically bestfriends.

The smell of delicious food invaded my nostrils I made my way to the kitchen only too see Miss Rodriguez in wearing an apron cooking.

"You know you don't have to do this" I said

She jumped which tells me she wasn't expecting to hear my voice

"I know, but I want to it's the least I could do after everything you have done for me" she said

I nodded and left to my  room to freshen up

After I was done I made my way to the dinning room for dinner.

"Upon reaching the dinning table I saw that there were four plates and we are only two sensing the look on my face she quickly responded

"I was wondering if it was okay to invite Adam and Liam for dinner just to thank them " she asked

"It's okay I'll call them" I said

She went back to the kitchen and I ended up calling Liam, they stayed together so he will definitely let Adam know.

Thankfully they both agreed and I just can't wait to see how this dinner will unfold.

Don't forget to vote and comment. 😘💕