Chapter 9- Duel of the Fates

Following after the first match, Saiki watched the rest of the match in an isolated area from the stadium thanks to his Clairvoyance. The second round ended almost quickly due to Todoroki turning Sero into a human Popsicle and also freezing half of the stadium as a result making her the winner of the second round.  The third round ended quick and swift by Midoriya blowing Shiozaki out of bounds using his quirk before the vines could get to him which he won  but he ended breaking two of his fingers as a result. The fourth round was a complete and utter humiliation for Iida as he was used as a guinea pig to show case Hatsume's inventions but somehow he won after she had walked out of bounds 10 minutes later. Fifth round was Ashido winning due to Kaminari going all out at the very start of the match which meant he short-circuited although she was stunned for a minute, she used the opportunity to knock him out making her the winner of that round. Sixth round was totally expected. Although Yaoyorozu had the upper hand in creating shields and weapons, Tokoyami's dark shadow ended up overpowering her and sending her out of bounds. Nothing to say about the seventh round since it ended up in a tie and also considering both rivals  also had the same quirks. The eighth and final round of the preliminaries was totally unexpected. Although Uraraka knew she had no chance against Bakugo and his explosions, she ended giving her best to win only for her to reach her limit and lose the match due to overusing her quirk and the explosions Bakugo threw at her.  Although Saiki didn't care but he ended up acknowledging her efforts to hold out against that angry durian.

_____________________________________________________________________________

Eventually it was now the quarter finals and of course Saiki knew he was going to fight against Todoroki next. He was now casually walking towards the hallway now in his own thoughts.

Kusuo: I wonder if I should give my half of my coffee jellies to Uraraka for that if I manage to get them from Kusuke. No a half is too much. I will just give her  a half of one coffee jelly.

As he was walking, he ended up crossing paths with the Number 2 Hero, Endeavor who emerged from the hallway to the right which made him stop immediately as he gazed towards him.

Endeavor: Ah. There you are.

Kusuo: You are in the way. Move.

Endeavor: I've watched your fight and you have a wonderful quirk. Having psychic abilities is rare nowadays and I have managed to glimpse into seeing one myself, also including the strength you used at the first event was nothing I have ever seen. At this rate, you might as well be stronger than All Might.

Kusuo: I have no time for this useless chatter. 

He then walked past him and went on.

Endeavor: It is my Shoto's duty to surpass All Might. Her match with you will be a test to prove if she is actually worthy. Drive her into a corner and make her use her left side since she will have no choice but to use it.

Kusuo: What does All Might have to do with this  entire conversation? I'm not even related to the man!

Endeavor: And while am at it. The both of you can help me create a even greater masterpiece. With the combination of both your abilities, you can create another powerful hero that will be able to  put All Might his knees.

Kusuo: I can see why she hates him now. He is even worse than my own father. Plus I am not interested in arranged marriages or marriages for that matter. I don't even like children.

Endeavor: That was all I came to say. I apologize for bothering you right before the match.

The psychic then stopped and looked at the number two hero and communicated with him telepathically which made him stand still.