𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚎𝚗

𝙱𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚎 𝙻𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚊𝚗𝚐𝚎

"Kyle?" I called as I stepped into the apartment. The door was locked, but I was hoping he'd be home already, but he wasn't.

I dropped the groceries onto the table  before switching on the kettle. While I waited, I moved the food to the fridge and cupboard. I'll bake tomorrow, I told myself.

While waiting for him to get home, I got into the shower. The warm water helped wash the dirt from under my nails and off my hands. I even had a smudge on my face.

I then slipped into a comfy silky, light green, short, night dress. I tied my hair back into a messy bun, before I made my way back to the kitchen. There, I grabbed myself a salad from the fridge before standing at the counter with my back to the door.

It opened, and a small smile filled my lips. "Welcome home, honey," I smiled as I turned around.

Kyle stood in the doorway with a pizza box in his hand. He frowned at the salad on the table.

"I said I'm getting dinner."

"I was just snacking," I said, turning around and closing the salad lid. "How was your boys night out?"

He put the pizza down onto the counter. "Fine."

I frowned, looking at him. His tie was loose, and his collar was uneven.

"Looks like you had fun," I said, walking to him.

I reached out and started fixing his unbuttoned collar, until I felt something glossy. With a frown, I looked into the collar, and them onto his neck. My eyebrows lift with surprise.

"Lipstick?" I questioned.

He hit my hand away, and undid his tie. "No."

I watched him as he took his tie off, tossing it onto the couch. He then took his blazer off.

"I'm pretty sure that was in the perfect shape of lips," I told him.

"It's not," he lied. He walked into the bedroom, and I saw him hold onto the door for support.

"Are you drunk?" I asked, walking after him. "I thought you quit drinking so much?"

"Whatever," he grumbled, unbuttoning his shirt.

While standing with his back to me, he took it off, and my eyes widened. His back had a couple of scratch marks, and two fucking hickeys.

"Where the fuck were you?" I asked furiously as I walked around him, forcing him to look down at me. "What the hell did you do?"

"I was out," he said, and my frown deepened.

"With whom?"

"Friends," he said as if I had known. "Work friends."

"And who was she?" I asked. "A friend or a bar slut?"

Suddenly Kyle's hand flew across the air, and through my face. I stumbled down onto the bed  my hand covering my red face. With wide, scared eyes, I looked up at him, but he only glared down as if in disgust. Then he turned around, and walked out of the bedroom, to the kitchen.

"The pizza's getting cold," he said, and my heart calmed a bit down.

He's calm at least, I told myself. He's not doing anything to you, again.

Hesitantly, I left the bedroom, and walked around the kitchen counter to avoid coming face to face with him. I took out two plates, and handed him one, gently. He took two slices for himself, before taking a seat at one of the counter stools. I stood across from him, carefully eating a slice of pizza.

"How was work?" he asked, pushing his hand through his hair.

"Not that exciting," I answered. "Uhm, there was an- uhm... a robbery down the road at the grocery store. They just stole some cash from the register. No one was harmed."

"Heard of it," he said, looking at his pizza. It was as if he was ashamed. "Apparently there was another customer. A woman I think."

I didn't want to admit that it was me. Kyle would get upset for me not telling him earlier.

"Yeah," I said, nodding lightly.

"Damn thing couldn't even defend herself," he chuckled softly.

I frowned lightly, tilting my head. "What?"

He scoffed. "She stood there defenceless. Like the little bitch she is, chatting with one of the robbers. No wonder she's standing here like a liar."

I took a step back as his gaze turned into a glare, staring at me through his eyebrows.

"I thought you were a good girl, Belle. I thought you'd help the poor man."

My heart dropped as my back hit the sink, and my hands gripped onto the marble counter. He stood up, shaking his head as he started to chuckle again.

"See, I passed the store. I wanted to come visit you, but instead I saw one of the robbers standing behind you, and talking. You're not a good guy, baby."

"That's not what-"

Suddenly he slapped me across my face again, and I went stumbling to the floor, my plate shattering before I fell against the shards of glass. I felt them penetrate my skin, deeply.

"Mattheo," I whispered, before Kyle grabbed my upper arm, yanking me back to my feet.

"Now you wonder what's wrong with me?" he started yelling, dragging me after him. "Maybe you are, Belle. Maybe you cause all of my fucking problems."

Kyle shoved me into the bedroom, when letting go of me. He then pushed me against one of the closet doors, gripping onto my arms. His own hand got covered in the blood of my left arm.

"Why are you doing this?" I started crying, mainly because of the pain he inflicted in my arm. "Ky, please!"

"You're pathetic," he cursed, pressing me harder against the closet. "What do you think is so special about a death eaters' little whore, huh? Now you're my little slut-"

"Get off of her!"

Suddenly someone yanked Kyle off of me, and I dropped to the floor, weak and lacking quite a lot of blood. When I looked up, Mattheo pulled me to my feet, and pointed his wand at Kyle, while two other men stepped in front of us.

"Let's go," Mattheo said, not sure if he told me that, or his men.

We were out of that apartment building within seconds.

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾⋆⁺₊⋆