𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝚜𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗

𝙼𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚘 𝚁𝚒𝚍𝚍𝚕𝚎

I tossed my phone onto the table, fury digging deeper than my bones. "Where are they?" I growled.

There was a light knock behind me, and I turned around to see Lee at the door, tightening the robe around her. She smiled softly at me. 

"What's wrong?" she asked, making her way to me, barefoot. 

I sighed, sitting against the large dining room table. "Nothing, just struggling to get in contact with business partners."

She stepped in front of me, tucking some messy hair behind her ear. "I woke up and you weren't there. Why are you up so early?"

"Couldn't sleep," I lied.

Lee stepped in between my spread-apart legs, before wrapping her arms around my neck. She slowly started twirling her fingers in between the strands of hair behind my head. Her eyes were soft, staring at me with calmness.

"How about we go out for lunch?" I asked, placing my hands on her hips. "Just you and I. No bodyguards. No work. Nothing. Just you and me having a normal person lunch."

A smile spread on her lips as she moved some hair out of my face. "I won't say no," she smiled. "What about we go cut your hair?"

I frowned, but a smile stayed on my lips. "No one's touching my hair."

"I am," she pointed out.

With a chuckle I shook my head. "No one else is allowed to touch my hair. Okay?"

She wrapped her arms around my neck again. "I've been here two weeks, and I haven't even seen you do anything other than work. You sure you can step away from it for two hours?"

"As long as I'm with you," I grinned.

She gave a sweet laugh, before stepping away from me. She took a glass and poured herself some water. 

"Have you seen Abigail? I haven't seen her for a couple of days." Lee asked, lifting the glass to her lips.

I looked at some files on the table, before covering some up to avoid her seeing them. "I fired her."

Water flew across the table, luckily missing my papers. My eyes shot to Lee, suddenly seeing her start chocking. Just as I jumped forward to help her, she stopped me, coughing. 

"What?" she asked, her eyes widening. "You fired her? What- Why would you do that?"

"You didn't like her," I said, piling the papers together.

Lee scoffed. "I did like her-"

"But like you said," I interrupted, "She was a replacement, but now that I have you back, I don't need her walking around my fort."

She looked at me, blankly. I could see she didn't expect me to actually fire Abigail, but she was right when she said the girl was just a replacement. I wanted to look at someone who looked or dressed like Lee. Monroe was just for my eyes. I never touched her - not like that. Only, when I had Lee again, I didn't have any need to look at Monroe. Why would I? Lee was my paradise.