My school looks like a morgue

My last school was expensive. It was a tall, beautiful building with excellent lawn work. This building looks like something out of a horror film.

It was old bricks stacked onto one another haphazardly. The poor structure looked tired and depressed.

"It's bad when you feel like recommending a psychologist for your school building." I grumble before sighing.

I march up to the front office in my stylish boots, eyeing the students that roamed around aimlessly outside. They all stared, I guess I'm not surprised that there aren't many new kids around here.

I strolled into the front office, and the secretary's eyes snapped up to meet my own.

"I'm Avery Roberts, I'll be needing my schedule," I tell her, strutting up to the counter.

She nodded.

"Yes, yes, of course."

The woman looked so frazzled, I actually felt bad for giving her the "I'm superior" act.

"Thanks," I smiled warmly.

She calmed instantly, but her hand still trembled as she handed me the folder.

"Have a nice day," I told her, then left.

"You too dear!" she called hesitantly.

This school was by far the least impressive I have ever been to. I sighed. Good thing I brought my lunch.
.......
I was sitting in my first period class when things got interesting. And by interesting, I mean a handful of werewolves strolled into the room.

I hid my shock as they sniffed the air and discovered me. I wiggled my fingers at them playfully as they growled, sitting as far away as possible.

I rolled my eyes. No fun. Then, our teacher, Mrs. Howard came in.

"Ok, class, we have a new student, this is Avery everyone."

Some people looked at me, others didn't care enough to acknowledge what she said.

"So today, I think we'll start on poetry, just to get those creative juices flowing, then-"

The door bust open, and two more werewolves stumbled in. God, what was that awesome smell?

"Sorry, Mrs. Howard. Family emergency," one replied.

The other, my goodness god was feeing generous the day he made that creature. He had light brown hair, and light colored eyes. A blueish green I think. He was tall, and muscular and wow. The way the other wolves looked at him.

Woah, woah, woah ladies and gentleman, I do believe Mr. Hottie is an Alpha.

"Derek Moore and Samuel Turner, you're late to my class. Again. I hope you have a pass."

The Alpha, Derek, nodded, handing her a yellow sheet of paper.

"Fine. Go sit down, gentlemen," replied Mrs. Howard.

The two sat with the rest of their pack, where a girl with bright red whispered in his ear. Using my advanced hearing, I listened in.

"That new girl, she's a rogue." The Alpha's head whipped to look at me, and the smile slipped off my face.

Aw heck naw.

"Mate," The alpha growled.

"What was that Mr. Moore?"

"What's your name?" Asked Derek, standing up sharply and gazing deeply at me.

I didn't answer, just stared in denial. No. No no no no nope.

"Derek, leave Avery alone and sit down," Mrs. Howard demanded, her neck getting a little red.

"Avery," he repeated, like he was savoring the word as it left his mouth. I stood up, my chair screeching back in objection.

"I-I..." For the first time in my life, I was at a loss for words.

I turned away and ran. Ran out of the classroom, out of the hallway, out of the school. Once I was in the woods, I shifted, not caring about my cute outfit.

Taught me a lesson not to dress up. My wolf ran, but she didn't like it.

What are you doing? Why are you running from Mate?

We can't have a mate! I'm not ready yet! I replied desperately.

What do you mean? He's Mate! Go back! My wolf commanded and I almost did, but then I heard it.

I was being chased. A howl filled the air, chilling me. The Alpha. I definitely can't run from an alpha for long. Oh god, what have I don't to deserve this?