Holding on tightly

Here's a little treat for you guys! Hope you enjoy!
_______________________

•Derek•

"She should be fine. She passed out because of a combination of her lack of oxygen and because of the intense panic her body was feeling.

It just shut itself down. She should wake up within the next few hours," the pack doctor reassured.

I growled at him.

"You better be right, doc. Or you'll wish your body shut down," I threatened.

He gulped, but nodded, then scurried off. I sighed, knowing Avery wouldn't approve of that. Then turned back to her. She was lying on the hospital bed, bruises all around her throat. I

growled at the sight. Why didn't I get their sooner? Why didn't I answer my phone? I'd had a lot of work to do, especially since JJ told us about the rogue attack soon to take place.

Plus we had a few pack members come up missing. We were exhausting all resources trying to find them, but their scents would all just vanish. I wasn't sure what to do.

I gripped Ave's hand in my own, bringing it to my lips and pressing a firm kiss there.

"Please be ok," I begged her.

She didn't respond, of course. She just slept on. I can't even begin to explain how I felt when I burst in, seeing her lying on the floor, her eyes full of terror.

I felt like hurting whoever did that, no killing them. She had crawled over to me a buried her face in my fur, then let out a sob.

I had tucked my head into her neck, sniffing in her lavender and honey scent deeply, trying to calm myself. Then, I felt her go slack.

I barely caught her before she hit the floor. Brandon, Sam, a few pack warriors and I had rushed her to the pack doctor.

Two hours later, and here I am. I felt horrible that I couldn't have gotten to her sooner. Just then, her parents came in.

I had called them not too long ago, and had told Sam to go pick them up. I stayed where I was by Avery's side as they approached.

"What happened?" Her father croaked.

"A rogue attack," I murmured.

Her mother turned into her father and let out a sob. It reminded me so much of what Avery did to me that I flinched.

Don't get me wrong, not all rogues are bad. Take Avery's family for example!

They're peaceful and kind people, but some rogues were kicked out of their pack for a reason. Some are horrible, and vengeful.

"What's wrong with her?" Asked her dad.

"She's fine for the most part. She's just unconscious right now," I said, brushing a strand of hair behind her ear.

She look so peaceful. Her long, dark lashes caste a shadow down her cheek, they were so long.

Her plump, pink lips were relaxed in a soft frown in sleep. Her eyelid flickered. She was dreaming. I heard her father sign in relief.

"I'm sure you understand. Now that she was attacked in her own home, I don't feel safe having her there anymore. She needs to move into the pack house now."

Her mother gasped, about to protest when her father held up his hand, silencing her.

"We understand. She will be safer in the pack house."

I nodded and smiled faintly at him in thanks.

"Mom? Dad?" A sweet voice whispered.

I snapped my attention back to Avery to see her eyes open.

"Hey, you're awake," her father cooed softly.

Her eyes came to me and she smiled softly.

"Hi Derek," She said, voice raw.

I felt my walls collapse and I hugged her tightly.

"I'm so sorry I didn't get there sooner," I cried, holding her snugly to me.

She seemed shock for a moment before she slowly wrapped her arms around me, patting my head soothingly.

"It's ok. You saved me," she said softly.

I just held her. I'm never letting her go.