Oh goody! Not.

Picture above is of Sam
Go check out my new story The Human in the Wolf Pack!
__________________________

These last couple of days have been so much easier. I've made friends with some people from Derek's pack, The Autumn Moon pack, and things have become a lot brighter in my life.

"So, Avy," Brandon starts, sitting across the lunch table from me.

"We're going on a run tonight. You in?" he asked.

My first response was Heck yeah!, but then I thought about it.

"Isn't that a pack thing?" I wondered.

He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Uh, yeah. But you're part of the pack," he said.

Now it was my turn to look at him like he was crazy.

"Um, no I'm not."

"Well, you kind of are, since you're alpha's mate," he argued.

I sat back in my seat, taking this in. My friends watched me curiously, wondering what I would do with this knowledge.

"Oh. Well then I guess I will come." there were some cheers, and I smiled broadly.

I looked over at Derek, my smile slipping. He still hasn't broken up with Jessica. I'm trying to be patient, but I can feel myself grow more and more anxious by the day. It was easier when I didn't know anything about him, except for the fact that he was my mate. 

He sat across the room with her. I guess most of the pack thinks of Jessica as the other women, the others think that of me. The pack has kind of split into alliances in away. Each side waiting for the Alpha to choose.

I really hope that my side wins. I watched as Jessica laughed at something Derek said. He smiled at her, but when she went to grab a kiss, he reluctantly rejected it.

"Avery? Avery? Snap out of it, would you?" Jake, another guy friend from The Autumn Moon pack, asked, while snapping his fingers in my face.

I pushed his hand away, before looking at him expectantly.

"What do you want, Pooper of the party?" I asked.

"Speaking of parties, Matt is having one tonight. You should come," Jake said, nodding to Matt at the end of our table, who smiled in greetings.

I nodded.

"Yeah, ok. Casual dress right?" I asked.

"Um, of course. Do you really think I'd be going to a party wearing a button up? Nuh uh. Not for me," Brandon says, snapping his fingers sassily.

I giggle, poking him in the chest.

"What're you talking about, Bray Bray? You'd be wearing a dress."
Brandon, looked at me, faking hurt.

"Avery Roberts, why do you hurt me so?" he gasped.

I snorted.

" 'cuz I like to be the cause of your pain,"

He rolled his eyes.

"Why am I not surprised?"

I just blinked up at him innocently. Then, the bell rang, signaling the end of lunch period, and off I went to gym, which I had with Derek.

I sighed. Even though things were better between us, it didn't mean everything was perfect.

*Flash back*

I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror at the pack house. I brushed my brown hair through my fingers, trying to tame it. The strands were being uncooperative today, and they looked completely ridiculous.