Smile!

Picture above is JJ
________________________

I quickly followed Derek down to the cells.

"What do you mean test her?" I stuttered out nervously.

"I'm going to examen her and make sure she's safe," he answered, striding down the stairs.

"I know that! I mean is this going to be painful, is she going to be in her right mind after this?"

Suddenly, Derek stopped and put his hands on my shoulders.

"Ave, honey, I love it when you get all concerned and mothery, really I do. It shows you'll be a great Luna. But this is an investigation on a rogue. I need you to be quiet and serious," he said.

My heart skipped a beat. He loves it. I shook my self, mentally slapping myself for thinking such a girly thought.

"Do you understand?" He asked.

I nodded somberly.

"Good. Let's good."

So we continued down the stairs. As we approached JJ's cell, I saw her stand up and eye us anxiously.

"She wolf, I expect that you know who I am?" Derek asked.

She nodded, looking slightly puzzled.

"I have some questions." she nodded again, hinting at him to go ahead and ask.

"Avery, could you go upstairs and find Sam. Then wait until I come up," Derek ordered.

I reluctantly left. Oh god, what's going to happen to JJ? I did what Derek asked and tracked down Sam who was on border patrol.

We waited wordlessly in the living room until finally Sam stood.

"He said we can go down now," was all he said before starting for the prison.

His body was ridged with stress and nervousness. I kind of felt bad for him. If I had to watch my alpha keep my mate locked up in a cell for over a week, I'd probably be pissed too.

Sam ran a hand through his blond hair, then shrugged his shoulders, trying to loosen the muscles. Sam looked... different.

He had bags under his eyes, and he was really pale. Like he was going to barf any second.

"Hey are you ok?" I asked him, anxiously.

He nodded.

"Nerves, I guess." was all he said.

I nudged him with my shoulder.

"C'mon! Smile. You're about to see your mate."

He broke out into a weak grin.

"Beggars can't be choosers," I mumbled.

I stopped behind Sam as he halted beside Derek.

"Yes, Alpha?" He replied stiffly.

"Well, Sam, Avery has told me a lot about this mate of yours, and she finally convinced me to come down here and meet her.

At first, I was concerned. She's a rogue, and not only that, she lead dangerous, blood thirsty, wolves onto my land!"

I winced. Geez, this didn't sound good.

"But I talked with JJ, and realized she's not a threat, but a victim. She also brought us precious information that helped us prepare for a future attack!

So, I've decided, that if you agree to stay with her at all times, that she can be released. But she has to stay on pack grounds!

No exceptions. And that's my final word," Derek declared.

I squealed and couldn't help but hug him.

"Thank you thank you thank you!" I squeaked, squeezing him tightly.

He chuckled lowly in my ear.

"Now I expect you not to hang out with guys as much," he whispered in my ear.

I giggled.

"Sure, alpha," I said jokingly.
________________________

Sorry it's so short! I've been really busy 😓 remember!

Like comment vote!