Chapter 20

🕸️CHAPTER 20🕸️

*🕸️Julia's POV🕸️*

*🕸️Julia's POV🕸️*

I patiently stood watching Scooby and Shaggy doing whatever they were doing, I cleared my throat, it made the two jump out of their skins.  "How much of that did you hear?" Shaggy asks sheepishly.

"Everything." I say my eyes not leaving the two once.

I wasn't sure what else to say, my heart was breaking, as the two were talking, thinking they weren't worthy enough to be in the gang, by being themselves, they were more than enough, more than they'll ever know.

"If your done doing whatever it is your doing, I'll be in the lab if you need me." I told them, leaning over the counter top kissing Shaggy's cheek and left for the lab.

Velma was doing tests on the scale she found at the museum by a secret hatch last night. I sat at my desk, as we waited for the results. Shaggy and Scooby came waltzing into the lab, with a change of clothing.

"Right, like, it's time to solve the mystery. Let's kick this investigation up to an 11!" Shaggy says, standing tall.

"What the heck are you guys doing?" Fred asks with a chuckle, the two seemed to lift the gang's spirits a bit. "We've figure the first step in solving a mystery would be to wear the right attire." Shaggy says, smiling brightly.

His face got serious for a moment as he looks to Daphne. "I'm sorry, Daph, but your go-go boots didn't fit... Me!" Scooby showed her, that he was wearing her boots, I couldn't help but smile at the two.

"Scooby! Those so don't go with that sweater!" Daphne mutters, not impressed with his clothing choices. "Really?" He asks staring down at the sweater.

Daphne and I joins Velma's side when the results of the scale printed out. Shaggy took the paper out of Velma's hands. "Clues! Alas, what are these strange markings?" he asks, staring at the paper he was holding upside down.

I took the paper turning it around giving it back to him, as I stare into his eyes. "Words babe. They're words." I told him. "Ahh! Words! Scooby Doo, take notes." He said showing Scooby the paper, Scooby had a pen and paper in hand.

"Gotcha."

"Come on, you looks." Velma says taking the results from them taking a look at it herself. "It came back positive. This is a real Pterodactyl scale." The Dinkley woman informs us of the results.

"Precisely!" Shaggy says, Fred gave him a weird look as he was speaking. "That masked figure was out to humiliate us."

I got up walking to the other side of the room, I heard the others following behind me, I sat infront of the computer we put all the information of all the people we've unmasked before.

"It might be someone who we have already unmasked before." I spoke up. "But who would be able to make a real Pterodactyl Ghost?" Velma asks the million dollar question.

"Doctor Jonathan Jacabo, the original Pterodactyl Ghost." I state, bringing up his information on the screen.

"That's right! Jacabo wreaked havoc in a statewide crime spree. Jacabo stole millions, which he used to finance his failed experiments trying to create monsters." Velma told us as she remembers that specific mystery we solved.

"You think Jacabo's behind this?" Fred asks Velma and I, Velma shook her head. "Impossible. Three years ago he attempted a prison escape. His body was lost at sea." She says staring up at our leader.

I did some research on the computer, showing me something that might be of some help to us.

"This might be of help. Jacob's cellmate was released from prison two months ago." I told them, bringing up his information on the screen.

"Jeremiah Wickles." Daphne mutters.

"The Black Knight Ghost. That was one of the costumes that was stolen." Fred mumbles.

"Right." Shaggy spoke up, everyone turned to look at them. "And... Scooby Doo! What's your conclusion?" Shaggy asks his best friend.

"Bunny." Scooby says, showing us a picture of a bunny.

"It seems old man Wickles deserves a visit before any of our other creepy conquests make a comeback." Velma states, so we all got ready to take a drive.

*•Unedited•*