Chapter 23

🕸️CHAPTER 23🕸️

*🕸️Julia's POV🕸️*

*🕸️Julia's POV🕸️*

Shaggy was giddy the entire way home about their little discovery. Velma was the first one through the door. "I'll compare the glow of those footprints to the pterodactyl scale." She says, immediately going to the lab.

"We'll check out Wickles' book." Fred says going to the living room. Shaggy pulled Scooby to the side, I could only do my best to eavesdrop.

"Dude, the faux ghost is an awesome clue, but what to do we do with it?" Shaggy asks uncertain.

"Let's solve the mystery." Scoob states.

"If we solve the mystery..." Shaggy trails off, deep in thought. "... It would certainly prove to the gang that we belong." He finishes the sentence, it made my heart clench, they had no idea how much they actually belonged in the gang.

"Let's head to the faux ghost, find Wickles' and see what he knows, but first, let's give the gang the old slipperooney." Shaggy says, they immediately disappeared into the kitchen.

I went to sit by Daphne waiting to see what these two have planned.

"Hey guys." Shaggy says, making his appearance. "Scooby's feeling kind of like he's got rabies." He says, pulling Scooby from the kitchen, his mouth covered in cream.

"We're just gonna go outside to get some fresh air." He adds, walking out of headquarters in a hurry. Fred was already staring at me. "Yes, I know, go keep an eye on them." I mumble, getting up, following the two to where they were set out to go.

I only followed them to their destination before I actually made my presence known.

"Okay, Scooby Doo, the coast is clear." Shaggy whispers.

"Here we go."

They were hiding behind a make shift wall, staring at the place. "That must be the faux ghost." I speak up, it made them jump, they were slightly glaring at me after they got out of their shock.

"Jewels, you got to stop doing that." Shaggy says to me, before looking back at the bar. "Man, I recognise a lot of these cats." He says.

"That's C.L Magnus, the guy who dressed up as the Redbeard's Ghost." I point out.

"And that's Aggie Wilkins, aka the Ozark Witch." Shaggy says, the panic in his voice was starting to become clear. "It's almost everyone we've ever unmasked." I say in realization.

"If they spot us, they'll invite us to a weenie roast. One where we're the weenies!" Shaggy says worriedly, staring at me.

"Hot dogs!" Scooby says happily, licking the wall.

"There's gotta be some way that we can use our awesome, fearless new skills to get us in there without being recognised." Shaggy says, his words gave me an incredible idea.

*•Unedited•*