Chapter 7

"Are you sure they won't mind if I join you?"

"They won't, Roberta. They probably are celebrating that they made it to the next round, they won't mind having an extra visit."

"Welcome back, your Royal Highness" Kane says as we walk into the changing room.

"Thank you very much. And congratulations. I've brought a friend with me, I hope you don't mind."

"Of course not, ma'am."

"I was told there were naked men, tho" Roberta says. "Where are they?"

"Please excuse her. She's Italian and... you know them" I say, giving her a murderous look.

"Oh, yes, you know us. It's the Mediterranean blood, we all are horny" she replies, giving me a similar look.

"I like Italy and Italian women" Grealish says, looking at Roberta from head to toe.

"Good for you. What about you, Rashford?" she asks him, giving him her most charming smile.

"It is a beautiful country, and my girlfriend and I love the food" he replies.

"Ouch" Declan chuckles behind us. When I turn to look at him, his eyes are already fixed on me. "Hello."

"Hi" I say, smiling from ear to ear.

"Nice shirt."

"Thank you. I took your advice and gave red a go."

"You look beautiful, your Royal Highness. Though we aren't matching today" he says, pointing at my chest. "Where is your number four?"

"I bought this shirt the other day when I went shopping, and I didn't have time to put a number on it. If only I knew England's number four and he could get me one..."

"If only" Declan smirks. "TWas that the day you met my mum?"

"Yep. She was with this girl... I can't remember if she introduced herself or not."

"Yeah... Lilith."

"That's an interesting name" I chuckle. "Who is she?"

"You know who she is."

"I don't" I shrug.

"C'mon, El... Ma'am. I'm sure you did a deep dive into my life after you met me."

"Maybe" I shrug. "But I still don't know who she is."

"She..."

"Ma'am, Deccers, should we take the photo?" Kane asks us, Roberta already in deep conversation with some of the other players.

"Yes, of course"

"We'll continue this conversation later" Declan says to my ear, making me feel goosebumps down my spine. "I'll dm you."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"You are crazy."

"Roberta..."

"No! I'm not going to help you with this" she says, crossing her arms over her chest.

"C'mon, it is just a little lie" I say, sitting next to her.

"A little lie? Little? You want me to tell David that you aren't feeling well so you can sneak out and go on a date with Declan, putting everyone at risk. What if someone recognizes you? Or him? What if you end up in the press? I'm not doing it, I'm sorry."

After our visit to the changing room, Declan did as he said and sent me a dm on Instagram. It is the only place safe enough to talk without my family somehow finding about him.