Chapter 10

Author's note: A bit of a filler chapter before something that I think you guys will like happens on next Monday's 👀

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"I want all the details. Now" Sophie says over facetime.

"There is nothing to say."

"Oh, c'mon. You girls went on a date with two hot guys! I'm sure something happened!"

"We played mini golf, Declan and I won."

"And?"

"Mason and I made out" Roberta shrugs.

"See? Something happened! What about you, Ellie? Did you and Declan also make out?"

"Nope."

"But they both wanted to" Roberta smirks.

"Then why didn't you do it, you idiot?"

"Because it wasn't the right moment" I say.

"It always is a good moment to kiss a hot guy."

"But I don't want to kiss him just for kissing. I want it to be special."

"Oh my God, since when are you the romantic one?" Sophie laughs.

"Since she met Declan" Roberta says, elbowing me.

"Anyway, are you seeing each other again?"

"Yeah, after the next game" I say.

"But alone this time. Mason and I want to get to know each other a bit better."

"Oh... That's how they call it now" Sophie laughs.

"I don't know what you are talking about" Roberta says with a mischievous smile.

"Do you know if uncle Jamie is finally coming for the next game? He hasn't replied to my texts" I ask Sophie, trying to change the topic.

"He should be leaving today."

"Oh, your uncle Jamie" Roberta sighs. "But we can't tell him anything about Mason and Declan. You know he can't keep a secret."

"He can't keep a secret when it is about others, but about him..."

"Wait, what do you know?" I ask.

"He has a boyfriend" Sophie says.

"No!" Roberta and I gasp at the same time.

"Yep. Remember the French chef we met last Christmas, the one with the fluffy hair? That's him."

"I can't believe he has kept that from me! How do you know?" I ask.

"Caught them facetiming. And I have to go, dinner is ready. Keep me updated on everything, ok?" Sophie says.

"Promise."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Football!" my uncle Jamie says when we walk into the stadium. "Best sport ever. Isn't it, Eleanor?"

"Yep" I reply. Besides me, he is the only one in my family who likes football, and he is the reason why I fell in love with it. He would take me to my games, play with me, watch them on tv or the stadium with me...

"We should go somewhere and have a little game before we go back to England. What do you say, Roberta?" my uncle asks her.

"Playing isn't my thing. I prefer watching" she says while we take a seat.

"Watching anyone in particular?" he asks, arching a brow.

"Not really."

"Oh, c'mon girls. You've been here for a few weeks now and attended all the games. I'm sure you fancy at least one player."

"We don't" I shrug.

"And I don't believe you. Let's see... Stones?"

"He is your type, not mine."

"Or mine" Roberta adds.

"Bellingham?"

"He's a baby. He is younger than Sophie!"

"Ok, ok" my uncle chuckles. "Mount? I've heard all the girls like him."

"I honestly don't know what they see on him" Roberta says with a straight face. If I didn't know she is crazy about him, I would have totally believed her.

"C'mon... There must be at least one."

"Roberta fancies Rashford, but he has a girlfriend" I say, which isn't a lie.

"Oh, yes. Such a lovely boy. And hot. Have you seen his abs?"

"Eleanor likes Ben White" Roberta says.

"Who?" my uncle asks.

"He isn't playing much, he's basically here to look pretty on the bench. But he is so hot. Isn't he, Ellie?"

"He is really hot, yeah" I say. Which isn't a lie either. "But imagine if I show up with him for dinner. They'll probably disinherit me."

"Why would they do that?"

"He is a football player, uncle Jaime. And he..."

"Has tiger tits" Roberta laughs.

"What?" he asks.

"This is him" I say, showing him a photo of Ben.

"Oh wow. He is hot. Like... Wow. And tiger tits, uh?" he chuckles.

"Imagine him showing up for dinner at the palace with all his earrings and rings."

"He probably wears more than your mum" Roberta laughs. "And when she sees all the tattoos..."

"She isn't the biggest fan of tattoos."

"She is not, no" my uncle says, still checking Ben's photos. "But you know, for a fling..."

"Already had one of those last summer. That's not what I am looking for."

"What are you looking for, then?" he asks me.

"The one" I say, my eyes fixed on the pitch as the players come out to warm up. My eyes fixed on Declan.