Chapter 32

When I wake up, Declan isn't laying next to me.

Due to the whole family getting together for Christmas, there were no rooms left for me and we had to share a bed, though I think no one complained about it. Not Declan's family, and definitely not us. Again, it felt natural, like nothing had happened. And sleeping with his arm around me had been the perfect ending to a perfect night, one where I ate, drank and laughed like I hadn't in a long time.

After refreshing myself a bit and getting changed into Declan's tracksuit, I go downstairs to meet everyone else, the screams of the kids filling the room.

"It is the car I wanted! Look!" Blake says.

"Will you let me play with it later?" Jax asks him.

"This car isn't for playing. It is to have it in my room and just look at it."

"That's boring" Jax says with a confused look. "Eleanor!"

"Hello everyone. Merry Christmas" I say.

"Merry Christmas" Mr. Rice replies. "Please come in and join us, the boys still have a few gifts left to open."

"And the big boys?" I ask as I sit next to Ron.

"They went out to buy breakfast and your Christmas present."

"Ron, that was a secret!" Blake scolds him.

"Don't worry, I'll act surprised when I see it" I tell him. "Why don't you show me what you've got?"

"Oh, yes!" Ron says. "I have a new dinosaur to add to my collection!"

"And I got a perfume. Do you want to smell it?" Blake asks me.

"Of course" I smile.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"I think it's time to give Eleanor her present. Don't you think, Dec?" one of his brothers says after we've eaten breakfast.

"There is a present for me?" I ask, acting as surprised as I can while looking at Ron through the corner of my eye.

"Of course! Wait here" Declan says.

"You are a great actress" Ron whispers while we wait.

"Thank you" I wink.

"Here you go" Declan says, giving me a bag with a huge Father Christmas painted on it. "Merry Christmas!"

"Is this what I think it is?" I ask when I open it.

"As you know, you can't be part of a Rice's Christmas lunch without your own ugly jumper" he says with a big smile.

"It even has lights" one of his brothers adds.

"It is..." I say, looking at it. "Very ugly indeed."

"As it should be" Declan's brother laughs. "Why don't you try it on?"

"Now? You aren't wearing yours."

"She's right" Mrs. Rice says. "We all should wear our jumpers and take some photos. What do you think?"

"Yes!" Ron and Jax scream.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"I think I need a nap after eating this much" Mr. Rice says.

"I could also use one" I add.

"Do you want to go upstairs and lay down for a bit?" Declan asks me.

"If you don't mind..." I say, looking around the table.

"Feel yourself at home" Mrs. Rice smiles. "But don't forget that later we are playing Trivial. It would be nice to have another brain, these bunch aren't enough to make one."