Chapter 18

Author's note: This chapter was inspired by this gif from last year that has been living rent free in my head since then 🥵

Also, thank you very much for 5k views!! When I started posting this story I wasn't very happy with it, so the fact that so many of you are loving it and asking when the next chapter is coming out, means a lot 💜

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Good morning, your Royal Highness."

"Good morning, Declan Rice."

"Did you sleep well?"

"Like a baby. You have the most comfortable bed ever."

"Well, it is a queen size bed."

"What?" I laugh.

"That's what the guy from the shop said. Little did I know..." he smirks, the arm around my waist pulling me closer to him. "Are you hungry? Should we make some breakfast?"

"Not yet. I'm so comfortable and cosy here... Let's cuddle for a bit longer" I say, curling against his chest.

"As the lady commands" he replies, kissing the top of my head. "But do you think David will let us go out for a walk? It would be a shame to spend the day at home when the sun is shining."

"We can ask. Where would you like to go?"

"Since last week you basically got a tour of my childhood through my photos, what if I take you to the real places? Like my school, the park where I used to play football..."

"That sounds lovely. Should I call him?"

"Do it" Declan smiles.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"I don't think that is a great idea" David says after we've explained our plans.

"Why not?"

"Because someone could recognize you?"

"I have my wig. No one at the stadium recognized me" I say.

"Because you were surrounded by thousands of people who were more interested in what was going on in the pitch than the people around them. Here you will be alone, and with him."

"I'll wear a hat. That has worked before" Declan says.

"Has it?" David asks, raising an eyebrow.

"It has. And most people who recognize me just ignore me, they are tired of seeing me around visiting my family."

"I still think it is a bit risky. If they recognize you and see you with a girl, they may be curious about who she is and..."

"Oh, c'mon David. Don't be a party pooper" I pout.

"Ok, fine" he sighs. "But I'll be behind you all the time."

"Of course!"

"And I'm driving."