Chapter 12

"Ellie... I'm in love!" Roberta says while dramatically falling on my bed.

"What?" I chuckle.

"Mason. I'm in love with him."

"Roberta, you've known each other for just a few weeks."

"Enough to know that he is the one, Eleanor."

"That good was your date yesterday?"

"So so good! We talked for hours about everything and anything, ate the loveliest food, and then... Eleanor, what happened next... That was the best sex of my entire life. The best!"

"Ok" I laugh.

"Like, the way he made me feel... Dear God. Before, during and after. I've never felt this with anyone else."

"Nevertheless, you should take it slow."

"I know, I know. But ugh. I am so happy!" she says, smiling from ear to ear. She does look happy. Very happy. "What about you and Declan? Did something finally happen?"

"We kissed."

"No!" she screams, getting up from the bed. "I need all the details. Now."

"It was just a kiss. Well, a few. And when things started to get a bit more interesting, we were interrupted by my uncle Jaime."

"What? He caught you?"

"No, no. I hid Declan in the bathroom."

"You... Ok, I'm gonna need you to start from the beginning."

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Semi finals, girls. How are we feeling?"

"I'm shitting myself" Roberta says.

"Same" I reply. I think I have never been this nervous about a game in my entire life. Not even when both them and the girls played the Euros finals.

"It is the toughest game of the tournament so far, but I'm confident these boys can win. You'll see" my uncle Jamie says, giving both Roberta and I an encouraging smile.

"Is it always going to be like this?" Roberta whispers while my uncle is busy talking with some members of the FA. "Like, am I going to feel this thing on my stomach every time he plays a big game?"

"You probably will, yeah" I chuckle. "The wag life."

"I don't see most of the wags being this worried about their games, to be honest. Their outfits and making sure their makeup looks good seems more likely."

"Roberta!"

"As if you didn't think the same" she winks.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"I think I'm going to be sick" Roberta says, grabbing my arm and squeezing it.

"Make it two."

We've made it to the penalties, and I can feel the ghosts from the Euros final everywhere around us. Thankfully, Declan got subbed during the extra time and he won't have to take one. But Mason does, and let's be honest... It isn't his forte.

"Ellie, he is going first!" Roberta says, squeezing my arm even tighter. "I can't watch, I can't."

"He's scoring, look at how confident he looks" my uncle says, grabbing my free hand.

"He always looks like that."

"Ellie..." Roberta says, hiding her face on my shoulder as Mason takes a few steps back. And then...