Chapter 19

"Look who has remembered where her best friend lives!"

"Ha, ha, ha. You are so funny, Eleanor" Roberta says. "But you could also come visit me, you know?"

"I know" I sigh. "But it looks like when I'm not busy you are, and when you aren't busy I am."

"And we had told ourselves that we would never become that type of friends that forget about the other when they get boyfriends."

"I don't have a boyfriend" I chuckle.

"Then what is Declan? Your secret lover?"

"Honestly... It does look like it, yes."

"But you want him to be more than that, right? For him to be your boyfriend."

"I do. But it is... complicated."

"No, it isn't. You just ask him" she shrugs.

"Roberta, Dec and I aren't like you and Mason. I am not like you. Like any of you" I whisper.

"Eleanor..."

"Look who has decided to grace us with her presence!" Sophie says, walking into the room. "Wait, did I interrupt something?"

"Nothing, don't worry" I quickly say.

"Mason finally set you free?"

"You also are so funny, Sophie" Roberta says, rolling her eyes. "Must run in the family."

"We got it from our dad. Anyway, why are you here?"

"Can't I just come visit my best friend and her sister?"

"You can. But are you here just for that?"

"I actually am not, no" Roberta says with a big smile.

"Oh... She's planning something" Sophie laughs.

"I am, yes. Are you girls free next week?"

"I... think so" I say. "Why?"

"Because we are going... to Paris!"

"What?"

"It's been ages since our last girls trip, I miss it! Besides, I heard they've opened a new vintage store that is like super exclusive, and we must visit it."

"And the fact that next Saturday England is playing against France in Paris is just a coincidence, right?"

"Maybe" Roberta smirks. "C'mon, Eleanor. It'll be fun! We'll properly catch up, enjoy our time together, and then end our trip watching our men be sexy on the pitch. Maybe find Sophie a nice French lover too."

"I like how the last part of your plan sounds" Sophie smiles.

"What about that girl you were texting? Maggie was she called?" I ask.

"Wait, the last thing I heard was about a guy called... Finn?"

"They both are in the past" Sophie says. "But having a French lover until Leah finally answers my dms sounds fun."

"Leah? Who is that?" Roberta asks.

"Leah Williamson, the football player. Sophie is in love with her."

"I'm not in love with her, but I do like her. A lot. Though she seems to be more interested in you."

"What?" I laugh.

"Oh, c'mon Ellie. Haven't you noticed the way she looks at you every time you've met?"

"No" I shrug.

"I sometimes hate you."