Chapter 14

"Welcome to Villa Farfalla" Roberta says when we get out of the car.

"Farfalla vendetta?" Mason chuckles.

"Everyone does that joke, you aren't being original" she replies, rolling her eyes. "It is called farfalla because that's the nickname my great-grandfather had for my great-grandmother. He built this place for her!"

"That's cute" Declan says.

"Should we start with the tour?" Roberta asks.

"After you" Mason says, taking her hand on his and kissing it, making her giggle.

"Are you ready for two weeks or hearing her giggle?" I ask Declan. Once we arrived home after the World Cup, we all decided to spend part of the summer holidays in Italy like Roberta had suggested, though only David and Sophie know that we are together. My parents think it is just Roberta and I, and the media believes that Mason and Declan are in Mykonos or Dubai like most of their teammates.

"I'm afraid we are gonna hear her do more than just giggle" Declan sighs.

"Well, at least it is a big house" I laugh, linking my arm with his and following Roberta and Mason.

━━━━━━❃━━━━━━

"Morning."

"Good morning. Coffee?" Declan asks, his eyes slowly scanning my body.

"Yes, please" I say, trying to play it cool and leaning against the kitchen's countertop where he is making himself some breakfast, doing my best to ignore the fact that my temperature has gone a few degrees up just by the way he was looking at me.

"They also woke you up, didn't they?" he chuckles, his eyes still fixed on my body. Thank you for buying me these pyjamas, Sophie.

"I didn't get to sleep until they finished."

"I had never heard him be so loud."

"Same with Roberta. It was as if they had the door and all the windows open."

"Maybe they did."

"Then thank God they closed at least the door when I walked past their room now. They were back at it."

"Really?" he laughs.

"Yep. They are like rabbits or something" I laugh. "Anyway, what are you eating?"

"Just a toast with some peach marmalade I found" he says. "Do you want a bite?"

"Are you sure it isn't out of date? Roberta said most things on the cupboards were from last summer."

"I didn't check" he shrugs, giving his toast a big bite.

"Declan!"

"Whot?"

"First of all, manners. You do not speak with your mouth full of food. And second, what if you get sick? I came here to relax and have a good time, not to be your nurse."

"You probably are a great nurse" he smirks.

"I'm the least helpful person in the world if you are puking or bleeding, so I don't think so."

"Shame. Guess it'll have to be just roleplaying" he says, giving the toast another bite.

"Are you into that?" I ask, arching a brow.

"Never tried it. You?"

"Nope."

"Do you want to?"

"What are you suggesting, Mr. Rice?" I ask with a mischievous smile.