Twenty Four }

" Arhaan " Aradhya called her husband who was busy typing furiously in his laptop . It's been a week since they cancelled their Trip and That Laksh fled away.  " Arhaan Ap kab se kaam kar rhe ho , dinner bhi Nehi Kiya " Aradhya sat beside her husband .   " Aradhya you know this is more important than having dinner . Papa made this company with so many efforts and difficulties " Arhaan said wiping his face with his hands .

" Arhaan I know these are important but you should take care of yourself too " Aradhya stroked his hair which made him sigh .  " Did you eat ? " Arhaan took her palms and kissed the top of it .  " Nehi , I thought of eating together " she said ..

" Okay we will have it here , bring the food till then I'll take a quick shower " he said and walked to the washroom . After having dinner they talked for while before going to sleep .

It was past midnight when Arhaan's phone rang . Being a light sleeper , he immediately woke up .  " Yes " he was confused because the call came from an unknown person.  " Tsk tsk .. Arhaan sahab ap kuch jyada trust kar rhe ho apne biwi par " The person spoke more like taunted him .

" Who is this ? And what gibberish are you speaking " Arhaan said in his stern tone .  " Nothing I'm just your well wisher . Just look at the photo I'm sending you " The person said and hung up the call ..soon a message came with an attached pic .

It was Aradhya sitting with Laksh and Divya .. " Why " he said looking closely at Aradhya .

The next morning Arhaan woke up earlier than his usual time . At exactly 8am Aradhya woke up and took a fresh shower before walking downstairs . There she saw the family members sitting with a troubled expression .  " Aradhya " her father-in-law called her .

" Good morning Papa " Aradhya smiled at him which he didn't reciprocate .. " Is everything alright " She asked seeing Arhaan staring or more like glaring at her .  " Aradhya just talk in yes or no " she nodded being confused .  " Did you know Laksh from before hand ? " She took a glance at Divya .

" I -- " " Yes or No Aradhya " Arhaan gritted his teeth .. " Yes , but - " " then how can you betray me damnit " Arhaan yelled making the members flinch  . " Arhaan I didn't know that he will be the one stealing those documents .I just knew him as Divya's friend " Aradhya explained herself .

" Knew him as Divya's friend , Aradhya whom are you trying to fool . You met him twice , once with Divya and the other time related to business .. TELL ME HONESTLY WERE YOU THE ONE WHO GAVE HIM THE DOCUMENTS OF OUR COMPANY " his accusing words left a huge trance of silence .

" Arhaan beta What are saying ? Aradhya is our daughter. Why will she give him the documents " Arhaan spoke nothing at his mother's words . " Arhaan dekho me usse mili thi , but mujhe nhi pata tha ki wo documents lene wla tha " Aradhya said while tears threatened to fall from her eyes .

" Jooth , Jooth bol rahi ho tum . You're such a manipulative liar Aradhya . You convinced my parents to work in your company so that you'll trade our documents with some rival " Arhaan yelled at her ..she shrink back from her place .

" Get out of my house and don't show us your face " Arhaan said before dashing upstairs . Aradhya felt humiliated, she loved him and this is how he reciprocate her feelings . Giving a last glance to the members she walked out of the house ..

>>>>>

Mrs Chakravarti tried to console her crying daughter who just sobbed in her mother's arms .  " Maa beleive me I didn't do anything which will harm his company . I didn't even know that Laksh " Aradhya sniffled. Mrs Chakravarti stroked her hair .  " I know Maa , I trust you . And I hope Arhaan comes to his senses before anything else happens " She said ..

To be continued

Twist ---

Who is the person who is plotting against the Malhotra's . Is it laksh or someone else ..

' Rightfully His ' is the new story I'm writing, please support it ..

Do vote and comment ☺️