Chapter 1

Aisha's pov

Today is the first day of college and I'm nervous yet excited. I hope everything will be fine.

So I first woke up at 5 am to pray. After the prayer, I read 3 pages of the Quran. (Islamic Book)

Then I took a quick shower and dressed up for school. I wore a grey sweatshirt and blue coloured baggy jeans with some simple sneakers. Then I wore a black hijab. (Head scarf) And ta-da! I'm ready!

(Imagine her wearing a black hijab)

I went down for breakfast and of course, my stepmother will wake up late so I have to prepare breakfast for all of us. It's just me, my 2 stepsisters, my stepmother and my father.

My mother died 5 years ago, she was going to visit her sister, who lives in Dubai, but her plane crashed and I was just 14 at that time. I needed someone, so my father married another woman called Zakia, who is my stepmother.

Well, I guess I was better alone. Yes, she abuses me. My father is just busy with work all day long so he doesn't know...My step- omg! I BURNED THE EGG! I'll meet you guys later!

7:50 am

We were in front of the school, and my father dropped me off and kissed me on the forehead.
"Bye sweetie, have a nice day!" My father said while smiling at me.
"Thank you, Dad! Good luck with the meetings." Saying that, I got off the car and waved at my father, he waved back at me and drove off.

I took a deep breath and looked at the crowded college. I just hope I don't face racism.

After staring at the building for 5 good minutes. I decided to just go in.

People were staring at me. Thank god, most of them smiled at me while the others just scrunched their noses in disgust. It's okay! The majority wins.

I smiled and took my schedule out. Maths. I sighed and asked a girl who was talking to another girl, where the maths class is.
"Excuse me?" Once I had her attention I continued. "Uhm, do you maybe know where the math class is? I'm new here" She smiled at me. "Are you in your second year?" I nodded my head. "Perfect! Me too. And we have the same class! Let's go together?" She asked hopefully. I gave her a big smile and said. "Sure, thank you, let's go!"

After the math class, we had history and arts, and finally now me and the girl- Alice. Her name is Alice, are going to the cafeteria together. She's British and has shoulder-length blond hair, ocean-blue eyes, and heart-shaped pink lips. She's really pretty and kind too.

After we bought our food, we went to sit at a table with 4 other girls, who are Alice's friends, and that's her friend group. Thankfully they were very nice as well.

While I was talking about my life in Manchester, suddenly there was silence. Me being me, didn't realise but I was the only one talking my voice was echoing through the cafeteria. When I realised it, I turned bright red from embarrassment, I was the only one talking for the past 40 seconds, out of the WHOLE college!!

I was super confused, everybody was looking down, even my friends- who I just made 5 mins ago! I turned around and looked at what happened.

There was just a group of boys- uhm, good-looking boys standing and looking around the cafeteria. I frowned. What was happening? Since I was the only one who was looking around, I was almost instantly met with 2 pair of forest-green eyes.

I just stared at his beautiful green eyes with nothing but confusion. The realisation hit me that I was staring continuously at him without breaking eye contact for the past 3 minutes.

Everybody started murmuring about- I don't know. I looked around and everybody was staring between me and him. While I still felt those green eyes staring at me intensely. The moment I looked back at him again, he looked away. It seemed that the murmurs were starting to annoy him as he rubbed his ears.

"Silence!" One word. Silence. No word was heard.

His voice was so authoritative and deep. Like he's used to ordering around.

I was pulled out of my trance when Alice pinched me on the arm and made me look down. I was confused. Then I heard footsteps behind me. He came towards us with his group and with one glance at me he walked past us towards the table right at the centre of the cafeteria.

What was this? Whatever it was, it was strange.
_______________________________

Sorry if there were any mistakes. I repeat. English is not my first language. And it's not just my first book but my FIRST-EVER CHAPTER. I've never written before. Still, I hope you guys liked it!

Stay safe everyone!💗