Chapter 6

2 years later

Ayan's pov

It's been 2 whole years since I've seen my family, friends and her.

She doesn't know but I've always loved her since we were children.
We used to be each other's best friends. We would play all day long and never get tired.
We shared a very beautiful and strong bond that sadly had to break after our father's fight.

I still remember those teary eyes looking at me, begging her dad to not take her away from us. Her head was out of the window the whole time until it disappeared. My heart broke.

I couldn't help but always think about those beautiful brown eyes, her lips that were mostly formed into a smile revealing her white teeth like snow. Her hair was mostly covered with a kid's hijab. She always was religious and would've convinced me to pray with her. And the last time I prayed, was with her.

My parents did pray, but never really cared if I did or not. They always said I was still a kid until time passed and it was too late to have control over me.

I used to sit alone and cry, I missed her. I wanted her back. That was when I remembered her words,
'If you're sad or want anything, ask Allah, he won't disappoint you. If you have no one, you always have him. Talk to him, ask for his help, and share your problems with him. Because indeed, nobody can understand your heart better than the one who created it.'
I remembered those words and took the prayer mat out. I slowly went into Sujood and started asking him for help.

I was in Sujood for the whole 2 hours, crying and begging Allah to give her back to me. But he didn't. And slowly, slowly I started to lose belief in God.

(I felt so bad while writing the last sentence, Astagfirullah)

Then, after years my eyes met hers. Those brown orbs, my green orbs have been craving to stare into. I couldn't believe my eyes. I slowly started approaching her and after making sure it was her, I went to my seat in the middle of the cafeteria with my friends.

As I went home, I realised my father and Uncle Suleiman had gotten back in contact. My father has been so sad for years after the loss of contact with his brother, and now seeing him smile so genuinely made my heart feel at ease.

Then my father asked me the question, and I've never been so happy in just one day.

'I've heard that Aisha goes to the same college as yours. You know, I've always liked her when she was a child. And I trust my brother, I'm sure he raised her well.
I'm planning to ask him something tomorrow, but let me ask you first.
Do you want to marry Aisha Suleiman, Ayan?'

And of course, I immediately said yes. My father chuckled getting a hint of why I replied without thinking twice.

He told me he'll offer this proposal to him tomorrow and with that, I went to my room smiling like an idiot.

The next day at college I felt extremely angry about the fact that she didn't recognise me. That's why I reminded her, who I am. Her eyes went wide and she started getting nervous. With that, I decided that the next thing that'll widen her eyes is gonna be her father. I accompanied her to her class and went I went to mine.

The next day, I found out that they had accepted the proposal. I was in a very happy mood until some random shit-y girl decided to mess with me. She tried to get my attention by calling me 'babe' every time. I'm a very impatient person, still, I told her to stop messing with me 3 times. Then when I was sitting at my usual table in the cafeteria, with my friends. She came to me, grabbed a glass of juice and spilt it on her cleavage. She was wearing a white shirt so I immediately looked away but then she tried to sit on my lap. That's when I finally lost it, I've had enough. I grabbed her by her hair and slapped her. While I was shouting at her I got slapped her again and her bottom lip started bleeding. I saw a girl running to her and she helped her up. I was a bit taken aback, I'm sure nobody would dare to do that. They know better than to stick their nose in my business and then have their whole college year ruined.