Chapter 22

Ayan's Pov

"Oh, be careful!" I said as I quickly pulled the flour away from the little boy who was pouring the whole packet in the bowl.

"Let's add vanilla essence now." I said, sighing and watching as he excitedly grabbed the brownish liquid, which I had to look for in the supermarket for hours.

Yes, I'm baking something. Ayan Zayden is baking something. For none other than his own little wife who's out for shopping - or shall I say - I forced her to.

I didn't know what the brown liquid was called, I saw the vanilla cake recipe on YouTube, so I had to explain it to the worker to give me the brown liquid for baking, but the dude was too dumb.

Finally, a middle-aged woman came and got my point and handed me the brown thingy and told me that it's called 'vanilla essence'. Why do people have to name it so weird.

Honestly-

"Ish tha enuf, dad?" I heard my little Prince ask as he poured half of the bottle in the bowl. I rushed to him and quickly grabbed the bottle.

"Nooooo, my loveee." I wanted to kill myself at this point.

Okay, no, Aisha is gonna be angry if I say that out loud.

"Nu? Ish tha not enuf? Shoul we aaaad mol?" He asked as he grabbed the bottle again.

(A/N: Sorry for the cringey language, but if I'm not wrong, that's how little kids usually talk😭)

"No, no!" I said hurriedly. "Now -" A gross smell hit my nostrils, and I quickly looked back.

My eyes widened, and I ran to the oven, opening it. I found all the under layer of the cake burned.

A giggle stopped me from cursing, and I turned around confused and looked at the little kid giggling while dipping his tongue in the cake (2nd layer) better.

"What're you doing - no- AHMAD!" I yelled as I saw him digging his whole face in the better.

Ya Allah.

I quickly pulled him back, and he giggled, wiping his lips with his tongue. I quickly grabbed a tissue and cleaned his eyes so he could open them. His small face was covered all in off white, his long eyelashes were sticking together.

I sighed as I wiped his eyes with the tissue, and he opened it, looking at me with those same innocent doe eyes, which his mother has.

"What should we do now?" I asked him as if he knew what we were supposed to do.

I looked around the kitchen, the water tab was opened, a gross smell was filled in the kitchen, there's black smoke coming from the oven, the cake bowl is flipped over and the batter is dropping on ground, the cabinets are open and- now dirty since Ahmad decided to stand up on the counter and place his dirty hands on the cabinet.

I heard the front door open, and I quickly looked at Ahmad nervously. He giggled, seeing my reaction, and reached to poke my nose.

"Dadd, you al scaled from momma." He giggled again as if it were the funniest thing in the world.

I am.

"Ayan? Ayan?" I heard Aisha and my mother say till they entered the kitchen.

I heard them gasp as my mother's shopping bags fell from her hands, and Aisha looked around in shock.

I scratch the back of my neck nervously, and Ahmad did the same.

"Ayan and Ahmad! What were you both even doing?" Aisha asked as she looked at us with a stern look.