Chapter 19

Ayan's pov

I looked at everyone as they took a seat on the dining table. Aisha sat beside Alina.

Yes, it was a family gathering again. They wanted to do a random gathering.

I saw as Aisha laughed at something Alina said, I looked at her eyes as they closed a little as she laughed and her natural pink lips spread wide, showing her snow white teeth, her cheeks-

"Somebody fell in love all over again." I snapped out of my thoughts as I saw my cousin, Zain, nudging me and smirking teasingly at me.

I rolled my eyes and pushed him back, "So what? I have every fu-king right to do that." I smacked him on the head, and he pouted playfully.

"That hurts."
"Good, it was supposed to." I huffed at him, and he chuckled. The rest of my male cousins joined us on the couch as we were talking about random stuff.

"The dinner's served!" My mom informed us, and we made our way to the huge dining table that could easily fit 40 people and some of the other people. I saw Aisha standing up and walking towards the maids to help them bring the stuff over on the table.

Our eyes met, and I passed her a stern look, telling her to sit back down, but she just frowned and went anyway in the kitchen.

"Wait for me." I ordered my male cousins as they were sitting on the dining table. They nodded and started talking.

I made my way to the kitchen and saw her about to pick a tray of glasses. I rushed over to her and grabbed her arm, turning her around as she gasped.

"Get back to the table." I ordered and ignored the teasing smiles the maids passed us.

"Ayan, seriously, stop being -"
"Now." I cut her off harshly.
She huffed, looking away, and I squinted my eyes.
"On the table, now."
"Whatever," She rolled her eyes and snatched her arm away from my hold, proceeding to grab the tray again.

"Grab that, and watch how I break every fu-king glasses of this house." I warned her, and she stopped, turning around and frowning at me.

"Ayan- "
"Go sit there! We have maids for a reason!" I snapped at her harshly. Maybe I was overreacting, but I was a protective man, especially over her.

I watched as she pouted slightly and made her way back to the dining table. I rubbed my eyes and looked at the maids, who were having a smile on their face.

My ears turned red, and I quickly made my way back.
________

Aisha's Pov

"I'll be back in a minute." I said as I saw Ayan's name popping up on my phone screen, indicating he's calling. I excused myself from and went to the side, "Asalamualikum."

"Walikum-a-salam." Came his smooth reply.

"What happened?" I asked because he just left 5 minutes ago with the boys to hand out to the Snooker Club and all that.

"I forgot my wallet upstairs, in our room. I'll come to fetch it in 2 minutes, please bring it downstairs."
He spoke softly.

"Okay." I replied, and he muttered a 'thank you' before hanging up.

I informed Alina about it and made my way upstairs, quickly fetching it. As I reached the staircase, my eyes met Ayan's. He smiled at me softly, and I smiled back, and as soon as I stepped down on the first stair, I felt myself being pushed from the back.

The staircase was long. I tripped on the stair and...

My eyes widened.

My heart fell.