Chapter 1 - Secrets

3 months later...

(Y/N) yawned as she stepped out of her car and hit the lock button on her key twice.

Another day, another 12-hour shift. She already missed her off days...

As she walked up to the employee entrance of the hospital, her eyes fell onto two unfamiliar trucks that she hasn't seen before. They looked military in nature but with a big 'Satellite Co.' logo painted on the side.

She sipped her coffee as she observed the trucks before she continued walking through the entrance.

Immediately she was met with Remy who had been waiting at the door for her. He came up alongside her and lowered down to her ear to risk not being overheard. "Did you see the trucks outside? They got here the day your break period started."

"What's Satellite doing here?" (Y/N) questioned. Did it have anything to do with the partnership her hospital had?

"They say they're representatives but that's it. They're just here to 'watch' or whatever that means." He stated. His brown eyes began looking around once they entered the main floor of the hospital and once he saw one of the representatives in question, he subtly pointed them out. "There! See?"

(Y/N) followed his finger and noticed a couple of people in suits talking with each other. They seemed to be having a lighthearted conversation but were settled away from other people.

When she looked closer, she noticed that the suits seemed familiar. Like the ones those two guys she bumped into months ago wore.

"Oh, great. There's more of them..." (Y/N) sighed which made Remy look at her.

They entered an elevator together to take them both to the floor they mainly worked on. She fixed her (f/c) scrubs and watched the numbers on the wall go up. "I ran into two of them 3 months ago. One of them shoved my arm and didn't apologize."

"3 months ago? Why are they showing up now?" Her friend wondered.

Satellite was one of those corporations that didn't have much media or general attention drawn to it. Nor did they look for it themselves. But they were one of, if not, the biggest pharmaceutical corporations in the country. You couldn't go to a single store without seeing their products on shelves. The whole partnership with her hospital and several others throughout the country was a bit surprising since they'd never partnered with anyone before. Nevertheless, multiple hospitals. But maybe it's just a campaign to knock out competitors and nothing more. (Y/N) didn't think too much of it.

But that didn't stop Remy from developing conspiracy theories nor did it stop Dell who immediately greeted them with theories of her own once the elevator doors opened.

After spending about 15 minutes theorizing with the two, (Y/N) took her clipboard and went off to go find Dr. Chaney to start her day.

Her eyes skimmed over the list of patients she had and frowned once she saw Ms. Jameson on the list. The elderly woman was dispatched just a week after being admitted. Why was she back again?

A low whistle was heard to her left and she glanced over to see two of Satellite's representatives leaning against a wall with one smirking at her.

The dark curly hair pulled back into a low bun, that rude smirk that started to irritate her...

"Hey nurse, I think I need some help... I can't breathe..." The guy dramatically inhaled and exhaled for air while his buddy tried not to laugh.

(Y/N) huffed out a breath and went over to the two. She can tell he was faking it but her job required her to check on him anyway. "What's the problem?"