Chapter 2 - Bitten

"He has a WHAT?!" Remy was quickly hushed by both (Y/N) and Dell.

"Keep your voice down!" (Y/N) whispered as she looked around the food court to make sure nobody heard them.

      He pushed their hands away to speak again but kept his voice down this time. "I'm sorry but you can't just tell me that there are people walking around with guns and not expect me to react!"

"You think they have clearance to carry in the hospital?" Dell asked, worry in her tone. Not even the security guards here can openly carry handguns. The most they have are tasers and batons.

      (Y/N) glanced around the food court for any 'representative' in the area. If they even are representatives as they claim.

"Maybe they're cops?" Remy wondered, taking a bite out of his sandwich. "Only people I know who can carry firearms here are cops."

"If they were cops, they would be in uniform. These guys are wearing suits." Dell shook her heard.

      An idea seemed to form in Remy's head. He snapped his fingers as if his idea was an obvious answer. "Then they're agents! Secret agents pretending to work for Satellite."

      The two women thought it over and it did make some sense. It would explain the suits, the hidden guns, and the whole classified thing. But the whole partnership with hospitals across the country and Satellite's products becoming the go to here are still left unanswered.

"If they are secret agents then why are they here? There aren't any politicians or bureaucrats admitted here." It was becoming unbearable for (Y/N) to not know the answer. Not even the details about the partnership were clear.

"It would be strange considering we're in the mountains..." Dell hummed, tapping a finger against her chin.

"So we agree on secret agents using Satellite as a cover?" Remy asked as he looked between his friends.

       Their discussion was becoming more lighthearted to help ease their suspicions. But (Y/N) wasn't entirely convinced by that hypothesis. "For now, sure. But there's more to it. There has to be."

       The three finished their lunches and spent the rest of their breaks getting as much time to relax as they can. They still had many hours left before they got to go home and plenty of work still left to do.

        As (Y/N) left them at the nurse's station, she went to find Dr. Chaney who had already turned the corner when he saw her. "Ah, Ms. (L/N). Right on time."

"Did you need me?" She asked as she approached him.

       He gave her a smile and nodded. "I did, in fact. I need help assisting Ms. Jameson."

       Once she heard the name, she felt her heart jump. This wasn't going to be good.

        Before Chaney could turn in the direction of the room, (Y/N) quickly held out her hand to stop him. "I already got another doctor to attend to her. It was her daughter's request."

        Chaney seemed annoyed at the mention of their patient's daughter. He pinched the bridge of his nose with his fingers. "And you didn't consult this with me?"

        (Y/N) fought the urge to roll her eyes again. "She was very adamant about changing doctors, sir."

"Christ..." He grunted. Soon he straightened up and motioned for her to follow. "Come on."

       Was he still planning to attend to Ms. Jameson? (Y/N) could smell a possible argument brewing.

       As she walked alongside him, he stole a few glances at her while she went over the information on other patients they had. Chaney was a man in his mid 30s so he had plenty of experience in the medical field already. (Y/N) was still pretty new, however. Only really have 2 years of experience and most of it was training. She had been assigned as his assistant earlier this year and while he's never really tried pursuing her because of her tendency to get annoyed quickly and how serious she can be about her job, that didn't stop him from at least admiring how beautiful she was. Maybe if she wasn't frowning so much, he would consider taking her to dinner.