Chapter 26 - Vent

*CRASH*

     *SMASH*

     *BANG*

      Drake leaned against a tree as he watched the raging nurse take an old baseball bat to a bunch of trashed glass objects and things that were easily breakable.

      He didn't interfere as she took her anger out on the trash like no tomorrow. Where did she find the bat? He didn't know.

      One second Drake was following her into the forest, calling her name but she wouldn't stop. The next she picked up the bat from somewhere once they reached what he assumes is a dumping site and started wailing on whatever was in sight.

      That was mainly the reason why he chose to just let her release whatever pent-up aggression she had first before approaching her.

      He didn't want to be next.

     (Y/N) swung the old bat into an already broken vase that was now even more broken. She grunted loudly as she used the butt of it to ram into the vase's edges before dropping the bat on the ground with heavy breaths. Her body crouched down to the ground and buried her head in her knees.

      She couldn't believe Kelly. She couldn't believe that he was her first love. She couldn't believe that he would say such a thing about cheating on her.

      Did he ever care for her? Did he ever love her the way she used to love him?

      (Y/N)'s tears had already since dried in amidst her rage. But yet, she could feel them start to return.

       It wasn't just Kelly she was angry at, but also herself.

       Drake took her momentary break from destroying everything in sight to approach her. He stepped around shards of glass and parts of a TV. It was actually quite impressive how much damage the nurse did.

"Quite the swing you got there. Had me a little frightened." He says as he studies her body language.

       (Y/N) didn't respond, of course as her mind was in other places. Once her breath was stable enough, she moved to sit fully on the ground and crossed her legs together. A defeated look was plastered on her face.

       This had to be about Kelly. The way the rocker stormed off before she did indicated some dispute between them.

       Just like at the market, he needed to know if Kelly was going to be a problem as a part of his bodyguard duties. Even if she said her ex wasn't, Drake knew he was just from her display of anger alone. He found a spot that was clear enough and took his own seat in front of her. (Y/N) watched him sit on the ground with her before she let her eyes fall.

"Alright, what'd he do?" He sighed, going straight to the point.

      (Y/N)'s mind went off of her ex and straight to him. She didn't feel like questioning the sergeant on why he was there or why he cared enough to ask. She has already argued enough with Kelly.

"What didn't he do..." She muttered.

"You want me to punch him?" Drake suggested. Wouldn't be the first man he's punched for making a woman upset. He didn't like Kelly anyway so he was going to punch him eventually regardless.

       But that seemed to bring a small smile to her face. It was brief but he saw it. She shook her head at the suggestion even though she would love to see Kelly get his due justice.

      (Y/N) took in a deep breath and buried her head into her hands. Coming back to this station hasn't gone well for her yet. All the regrets and memories she had and was able to put aside had all resurfaced once she set foot back into Browford. The town surely wasn't letting her live her guilt and grief down and she couldn't keep it in any longer.