Chapter 13 - Run

This chapter is pretty long. Almost had to separate into two 😅

Violence Warning ⚠️
———————————————————————————

(Y/N) and Dell couldn't do anything to stop Jonathan and the survivors from initiating their plan.

The nurses were left tied up in the bathroom as if their fates didn't matter. And then they heard the fire alarm and knew it was too late.

Both ladies worked to get the ropes off as best as they could. It was hard trying to maneuver their hands around with ropes that were so tight. But after some time, Dell was able to loosen her enough to pull her hands out. It hurt but her wrists felt relief once they were out. Immediately she got to untying (Y/N) and undoing the gag in her mouth.

"We need to go now!" (Y/N) rushed as she pulled her hands free once the ropes were loose enough.

"Did they let the fiends in yet..?" Dell asked, but her question was quickly answered once they heard shooting.

Dell stumbled back as she looked terrified. She spent the first two days running from those things and narrowly losing her life in the process. (Y/N) had a pit in her stomach as she froze at the chaos that was happening again. But she turned back to her friend and took her hand into hers. "We need to find help."

"Who?!" As far as Dell knew, they got abandoned by the survivors and the Satellite soldiers were still untrustworthy.

Their options weren't great but they had a better chance if they got to the latter. Satellite may be bad but at least they were trying to protect them. "We need to find Drake or the Captain! Or somebody from their team."

"Are you sure?"

(Y/N)'s hand squeezed Dell's a bit tighter, as if to comfort her own self. "What choice do we have..?"

It may not be the greatest option, but it was the only way they could survive this. Even though (Y/N) will live, she just couldn't lose Dell...

Once they were in agreement, they left the bathroom and checked to make sure it was clear before entering the lab. But as they did, out came Wes from the men's bathroom carrying a female soldier on his back and he looked at the two with wide eyes. Drake came out behind him with an incapacitated man dragging behind him. His hazel eyes landed on (Y/N)'s (e/c) ones. He was a mix of confusion, disbelief, and anger. "What the hell! Where were you?!"

When she heard his angry tone, she glared at him. "Tied up in a bathroom, asshole!"

Wes quickly stepped in before the two can argue again. "We have bigger things to worry about, guys."

Drake tsked and gripped onto the survivor's shirt tighter and pushed him forward. The man grunted and stumbled on his feet. His hands were tied behind his back with the same rope they used on Wes.

"You wanna tell me what the hell is going on?" Drake threatened as he pressed his gun into the man's back.

"We know." Dell spoke up. "The survivors stole your guns and are planning to get to your trucks to escape. They're using the fiends as a distraction."

"Rose's keys..." Wes muttered as he realized.

"Fucking great..." Drake knew that there was something off about the survivors. Especially that older man, Jonathan.

The man yanked on his binds but couldn't break free from the Sergeant's vice grip. "None of us trusted you! You all are the reason for those things!"