Chapter 10 - Guilt

"I thought you were dead..."

"I thought I was too..."

      The two friends embraced each other and sobbed into one another's shoulders. It was a surprise, an unexpected moment for both of the nurses who thought the other was gone.

      Dell had woken up a few hours after being found by the Satellite team. She spent the majority of her time since the rise of the fiends running and hiding without a second of rest. Her life was almost cut short when she was grabbed just before she hid in the storage closet the team had an interest in.

      But before that, she did find (Y/N) in the halls. Except she was dead.

      Dell pulled back from the embrace and immediately looked to where she had seen the bullet wound. It was completely gone but she remembered it being so fresh and spilling into a pool of blood.

"H-How are you..." Dell stuttered, still in total shock.

      (Y/N) could understand the disbelief of it all. She was still coming to terms with it herself. "It's a lot you need to know... but it's all Satellite's fault."

      She proceeded to tell her friend everything. The TAP drug, the bites, the fiends, everything. It all didn't sound real that it was hard to believe. But taking one good look around would tell you that this is all very very much real.

       When (Y/N) mentioned the pickup and being taken to a Satellite facility for her case, Dell instantly became concerned. "What are they going to do to you?"

"I don't know." (Y/N) spoke, still uncertain about this. "I've been told that it's to learn why I came out how they wanted... and why so many others didn't."

"You're going to let them take you?" Dell lowered her voice and took a peek at Wes who was sitting at his table reviewing his notes.

"I don't..." (Y/N) sighed and let her head fall into her hands. "I don't know."

       Any sensible person would immediately refuse. Why let yourself be taken by such a harmful corporation? Captain Rose hasn't exactly informed her of what the facility was going to do. She was starting to wonder if the facility even told him. He wasn't some scientist like Wes, he was a military Captain. Either way, a big part of her wanted to refuse the pickup. What if the actual people behind the drug aren't as regretful as this team appears to be?

       But then again, she felt small compared to them. She thought of the idea of running but there was no possible way of getting out of this hospital without the fiends being after her. The world outside must've been a completely different story...

"You can't let them take you." Dell took (Y/N)'s hand and gave it a comforting squeeze. "We don't know their intentions. Especially after... this!"

"What am I supposed to do?" (Y/N) lifted her head up and glanced over her shoulder at the door. Drake hasn't come back yet but she knew he won't leave her alone for too long. "Captain Rose assigned the Sergeant to 'protect' me. He doesn't like me but he'll follow me around like a hawk."

"He's not going to let you just leave..." Dell muttered.

       They were in a tough situation. That was clear.

       Dell fell silent but her lip started to quiver. She sniffed back her tears before looking into (Y/N)'s eyes which were equally as emotional. "I'm so glad you're alive..."

"Same with you." (Y/N) felt like she finally had someone here to connect to. Even if it'll only be for a day.

"I-I saw Remy..." Her friend tried to get out. (Y/N) felt her heart stop at the mention of the missing nurse. Dell had to take a moment before she could continue. "We were together during the chaos. We managed to lock ourselves in a room when we started to hear the shooting... and the screaming."