Chapter 4 - Shot

Violence Warning ⚠️
———————————————————————————

      The situation wasn't getting any better. It was becoming worse by the day.

      The attacks grew as more patients would suddenly become violent out of nowhere. It wasn't just staff getting attacked but other normal patients and visitors as well. As the days went on, more cases arose. Security was doing all that they could to control the violent individuals that police had to be involved. (Y/N) wasn't able to go on her break period since the hospital needed all hands on deck for this.

       She had seen the squad cars pull up and the cops rush out during her shift. Some even had to stay behind to confront a discharged patient who had suddenly lost consciousness before getting back up in a rage.

       With more attacks happening, more people were getting injured. Visitors began to leave and discharge their loved ones for fear of their safety even if they were advised not to by staff and police. Many of the doctors and nurses had to focus on trying to help control the situation and prevent any more attacks from happening as much we possible.

       (Y/N) dodged past and maneuvered around staff who filled the halls, trying to get to and from rooms to help the growing number of injured and violent individuals.

       She carried a box of supplies and bandages in her hands that she took from storage. She had received a call that a doctor got severally injured and they needed help.

        She gasped as she ducked away from two officers and a security guard who were holding a door shut to keep a rampaging patient from coming out. She can hear their fists beating against the door and snarling at the officers through the small glass window.

        The box in her hands shook as she quickly ran past them and toward the room she needed to go to.

"I'm here!" She quickly called, pushing the door open with her back and entering the room with three doctors trying to help the injured one out.

       One looked relieved as they waved her over. "Quickly! Over here!"

       She took the box over to them and set it on the table. Now being closer, she was able to see who the injured doctor was and it was Dr. Chaney.

      She gasped as her eyes went to his neck which had a bite mark in it that was deep and bleeding everywhere.

      He was trying to steady his breathing and hold still so the doctors can help him but the pain on his face was evident.

"What happened?!" She questioned.

"Got... bit-" Chaney tried to say but was quickly cut off by one of the doctors helping him.

"Don't talk! We were out in the halls when someone came up behind him and bit his neck." The doctor rushed to say. "We didn't realize what happened until Chaney began choking on his blood."

      (Y/N)'s eyes widened. How could someone cause such a bite? Hers wasn't even that deep.

"Give us some room! See if anyone else needs help." Another doctor told her before thanking her for the supplies.

       She slowly nodded and backed away as her unease grew. Turning to the door, the nurse quickly left the room and entered the halls.

       A construction man on a gurney who was battered and bruised was quickly wheeled past her that she had to step out of the way. She questioned his uniform before looking to see more new patients who were being attended to. Their injuries ranged from bad to severe. Forcing herself to stay focused, she quickly scoured the halls for anyone who could need her assistance. Occasionally stopping to assist a patient or a fellow colleague before hurrying off to the next. She's never experienced a hospital rush before and it was quickly overwhelming her.